• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello fellow Dodge Ecodiesel truck owners

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
Hi All
It is great to find this site that I'm sure will be a great source of information on the workings of my 2015 Ecodiesel truck. My truck has had multiple coolant loss problems that resulted after much headaches in having a new engine installed under the original factory warranty
. All is well now but I'm concerned enough to continue investigating sites like this to stay informed of developments and solutions to keep away from the repair shop.
Happy Trails all.

Attachments

• frombadtoworse2.jpg
    frombadtoworse2.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 20

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
The truck was in the dealers shop for 35 days from 5 attempts at stopping a coolant loss. I raised hell with FCA and they determined that it was cheaper to swap out the engine than it was to find out why the brand new heads they installed did not stop the coolant loss. Go figure.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The truck was in the dealers shop for 35 days from 5 attempts at stopping a coolant loss. I raised hell with FCA and they determined that it was cheaper to swap out the engine than it was to find out why the brand new heads they installed did not stop the coolant loss. Go figure.

Not bad timing considering you had to push for a new engine. Most guys wait that long anyways!

Hopefully this one does better for you.

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
That's exactly right. I have read horror stories of how some truck owners have had to wait months for back-ordered parts.
When I bought this truck it was a "Lemon law buy-back". The dealer bought back the truck from Dodge after Dodge installed a new transmission and a new radiator. Now it also has a new engine. It is the high-end model{larime limited edition) and I picked it up for 40,000 and thought I was getting a Deal. Now I'm not so sure. The truck left me stranded twice for a no crank no start condition recently.
I was able to get it started myself with the help of another dodge forum member who posted a way to open the fuse box. remove the starter relay and use a jumper and go from the #3 contact to the #5 contact for ONLY as long as it takes to start the Truck. DON"T LEAVE THE JUMPER IN OR THE STARTER WILL KEEP RUNNING. There is a picture on the side of the starter relay that shows which is the #3 and 5 contacts. once the truck starts, put the relay back in and close up the fuse box. I'm going to bring it to the dealer to see if he can figure out why the truck wouldn't start for me but I'm going to keep my jumper handy in case I ever get stranded again.

Attachments

• Emergency Start REVISED (1).pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

EcoDcanuck

Jun 26, 2017
Truck Year
New to the site as well. Lots of great info .
I seem to be loosing coolant as well. I went to the dealer ship a little over a month ago for an oil change and noticed the coolant was getting low. They told me this was normal and topped it up. I haven't spotted any leaks or noticed it getting low before but I think I'll take it back into a different dealership and see what they say. Have 58'000km on it now . Spotted the issue after cleaning the EGR tube and MAP sensor . Had quite a bit of gunk .

skir

Oct 13, 2017
Truck Year
Hi all, I'm new to the forum also. My 2014 Ram ecodiesel has 62000 miles, it has been running great, just oil changes and tires, last week the heater started blowing cold air, I checked the coolant tank and found it virtually empty, so I added coolant, 50 or so miles later I had to add coolant again. I took it to my local garage, the closest dealer is 150 mile round trip to Modesto Ca. He pressurized the system and determined the coolant tank had a little leak so he replaced it, still a leaking a coolant tank every 50 miles or so. I have an appointment at the dealer on Monday and would love to have some feedback from you guys on suggestions to offer the service guys. Any help anyone can give me would be great. Thanks, Skir

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
I had the same problem. Long story short the dealers are clueless as to where the coolant is going. None of it is on the ground and they don't do a test to see if combustion gases are in the coolant system. Your truck could possibly be something simple and that would be great for you.
But if it isn't be prepared for a long struggle.Mine went from small valve under the expansion tank, the always replaced EGR Cooler, transmission cooler, 3-way coolant valve, new radiator, and finally new heads. None of this worked and they ended up replacing the entire engine. Of course, this took up lots of my time and 5 or 6 trips to the dealer. To their credit, the new engine has zero coolant losses. Keep ALL documentation and get fiat corporate involved if you also feel that they are clueless. I love my truck again and I hope your car be repaired easily.

skir

Oct 13, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks Welded, I'm off the the dealer early tomorrow morning, 2 hour drive and I'll share with them everything I hear from all you guys who have been there.

Apks

Oct 8, 2017
Truck Year
Add mine to the list at 62,000 miles. Heater stopped working. Added almost a liter of coolant and added more 5 days later. Got the Electronic Throttle body message and into limp mode. Dealer said EGR valve is clogged shut and erg cooler is bad. Replacing both for $3100. Chrysler is not willing to help at all. I'd like to count the number of cases that have this same issue in this forum alone. My guess is close to 50. Dealer said he had 5 trucks backed up waiting for part last month alone.

Apks

Oct 8, 2017
Truck Year
Sorry to report that Chrysler refused to even contact me regarding the EGR valve and EGR cooler repair on my truck. Any contact numbers from the forum would be great.