• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from Tx

TxEco

Aug 17, 2015
Truck Year
image.jpg image.jpg New member here from Deep South Texas. Got a pretty good deal on my 2015 Ram lone star 4x4. I have about 3000 miles on it now and I absolutely love it. Best truck I've driven and used. Sure beats the heck out of the 10 mpg I got out of my Silverado 2500hd. 28 mpg highway and 21 mpg city with 3.92 gears. Love it!! Looking forward for a level kit with some a/t or mud grappler tires. These stock tires are way to soft for me.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nice truck! Truck will look great leveled out, already sharp. Are you going to stay stock size tire?

TxEco

Aug 17, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks. I'm leaning more towards some 33 12.5. The stocks are already 33 high. I've heard they don't rub if I use a 1/4 inch spacers on the stock wheels.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea. I think that's a good choice. Seems to me you start running 35s, you can kiss any decent mpg numbers goodbye

TxEco

Aug 17, 2015
Truck Year
No I don't tow anything really heavy anymore. Usually just the hay bales from one ranch to another. They are 5x6 and I don't know how much they weigh, but I'm guessing around 1700 lbs each. The trailer is a 16 footer. Handles it no problem at all. The other trailer I use is a small 2 horse trailer. Works for my needs. Can't recommend it enough. My dad's looking get one for himself as he can't believe the mpg this truck gets.

Last edited: