• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello I just signed up .

llindsey

Mar 8, 2021
Truck Year
Hello,
I currently own a 2003 F250 7.3L Diesel 4x4 with 332,000 miles. She's a beast.
I love my truck, but would like a few more creature comforts. The truck I had before this one was a 2006 Dodge 2500 MegaCab diesel.

I'm looking to purchase a 2015-2017 Ram EcoDiesel. I have been researching the engine and truck for a few years now.
I'm looking at the 3.55 axle.
I haul mostly a 2 horse trailer and a 16 foot flatbed loaded with round bales and squares.
Will this truck meet my needs? How long can I expect the engine to last if taken care of correctly.
About 2 years ago I asked a diesel mechanic working on my Ford what he thought of the EcoDiesel and he said he couldn't say as he hadn't worked on any to date.

I've found a one owner 2015 with 121000 miles for $22,000. Do these engines last?

Thoughts?

Also, I have a beater that I drive too and from work.

Thanks,
Leslie

ToeTruck

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
Hello,
I currently own a 2003 F250 7.3L Diesel 4x4 with 332,000 miles. She's a beast.
I love my truck, but would like a few more creature comforts. The truck I had before this one was a 2006 Dodge 2500 MegaCab diesel.

I'm looking to purchase a 2015-2017 Ram EcoDiesel. I have been researching the engine and truck for a few years now.
I'm looking at the 3.55 axle.
I haul mostly a 2 horse trailer and a 16 foot flatbed loaded with round bales and squares.
Will this truck meet my needs? How long can I expect the engine to last if taken care of correctly.
About 2 years ago I asked a diesel mechanic working on my Ford what he thought of the EcoDiesel and he said he couldn't say as he hadn't worked on any to date.

I've found a one owner 2015 with 121000 miles for $22,000. Do these engines last?

Thoughts?

Also, I have a beater that I drive too and from work.

Thanks,
Leslie
Leslie I have a 2017 ram crew cab 4x4 and tow a 7000 pound camper a few times a year. It probably more like 8000 after it's loaded with all the junk I carry. Mine is an Ecodiesel with 3.92 gears. It pulls well and holds speed well on flat road but did well in mountains also. I think your horse trailer is no problem. The flatbed trailer loaded with hay I'm not sure as I don't know about that weight. I've had no problems and now have 3400

ToeTruck

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
Leslie, my previous reply was cut off. I now have 34000 miles on mine. I have heard of folks having over 400,000! I have heard good and bad things about the eco's so do your research and good luck!