• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello! (introduction)

Chase90

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I don't have an EcoDiesel but I'm kind of considering a RAM as my next vehicle.

Since we're already here, let me get some opinions on what I would like to get and do to it.

I'm thinking a 2016-17 ED model with 4x4. I would like to immediately go to a turbo back 3.5" exhaust, eliminating all of the junk we all know is bad for these trucks. Add a H&S compound turbo kit, AFE intake, and ask GDE to do a tune for it and the transmission. Not a HIGH power tune, something inbetween. I think some guys have hit 700 ft/lbs at the crank with a similar setup, but I don't see a need to overstress the engine.

Here is my thought process behind this:
-Yes it voids the warranty. But, if some failures are indeed caused by gunk building up, then keeping the emissions intact until 100,000 just to fail at 100,001 seems like a bad idea.
-The diesels I have had experience with did run much better with the larger intake, exhaust, and tunes. GDE generally worries more about clean running and longevity over max power. So combining the two factors should, hypothetically, work well together.
-The compound turbo, as oppose to twins, from what I have read actually allows for a higher intake PSI but the drive PSI still stays around stock, and the EGTs are still around 1200. Coupled with the larger diameter turbo-back should, in theory, keep the EGTs low and substantially decrease any issues with back pressure.

Are my theories sound?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome I deleted my 2500 at around 750 miles then put in 180 over inj then dual pumps now fuel milage is so bad it justs sit in the driveway then I purchased a eco diesel now I drive it

Chase90

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome I deleted my 2500 at around 750 miles then put in 180 over inj then dual pumps now fuel milage is so bad it justs sit in the driveway then I purchased a eco diesel now I drive it

Thank you for the welcome. Well the setup I'm talking about actually uses the stock injectors and everything. Your 2500 the 5.9 or the 6.7?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
call up wagler and get a set of their rods (1800 dollars). Get a set of new factory main bearings and increase the clearance. So you know, Wagler only has two sets of those rod bearings left. Cory Fritz blew up his Eco when he compounded it but he is rebuilding it.

Here is his link

Chase90

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
call up wagler and get a set of their rods (1800 dollars). Get a set of new factory main bearings and increase the clearance. So you know, Wagler only has two sets of those rod bearings left. Cory Fritz blew up his Eco when he compounded it but he is rebuilding it.

Here is his link

Yeah I don't need 600 horses. I appreciate the info about the rods and bearings though because it's still a good idea. Realistically whenever I get one I should do everything except the compound turbo and see what I think, it may be more than satisfactory for what I want.