• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello, recent-ish owner of a 2016 ED Ram w/ 131k+ miles..

ScotttA

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I took delivery of a 2016 ED Ram mid-Nov 2019. I'd noticed the less than full coolant jug upon my test drive of this unit and the CARFAX report mentioned the outstanding recall. I THINK that I bought it 'right'. Recently bought step-bars (yet to install) to assist getting my carcass into the rig.
Waiting along with others for the updated EGR Cooler recall VB1.

CEL came on this week related to the EGR cooler circuit. I'm no longer driving the truck until the resolution, per my reading form this forum - the local Dodge dealer actually sent me off with 2 gal of coolant and suggested that I keep a close eye on it.

Via re-searching and reading here, I'm saving my nickles for a delete pkg(DPF and EGR) from HDDiesel.ca.com in Canada.

If anyone cares to share their experience (strength and hope) of installing a similar (or the same) delete kit themselves OR the labor charges they encountered for such a kit, I'm all ears. If not, that's ok - I'll keep reading.

Carry-on.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
The delete process is pretty straight forward, albeit a PITA. If I could offer any advice, block off the rear EGR uplift tube...don’t attempt to remove it. I broke bolts flush in the block and paid a pretty penny to have the truck towed and the bolts extracted. I purchased my kit from HD Diesel and they include a block off plate specific to the rear EGR uplift tube for this reason. Also, the V-Band clamp that connects the DPF to the turbo down pipe may snap at the bolt. If so, the MOPAR clamp is about $65-75...I had to purchase it after 4 different aftermarket clamps failed to secure the assembly. After delete and tune, the truck runs beautifully. It’s a blast to drive. Any questions, reach out. Welcome and good luck!

ScotttA

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I was told today that my EGR cooler VB1 RECALL part is due to come to the dealer on Friday this week. I hope to have it in early next week for replacement.

ScotttA

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I brought the '16 EcoDiesel home from the local Dodge dealer after the VB1 recall is complete on March 6th. CEL is off.
I asked if any software updates were applied and was told 'No, it already had the latest and greatest'.
I did not notice it drive any differently than before.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I brought the '16 EcoDiesel home from the local Dodge dealer after the VB1 recall is complete on March 6th. CEL is off.
I asked if any software updates were applied and was told 'No, it already had the latest and greatest'.
I did not notice it drive any differently than before.

Most people are reporting it doesn't show an update until they actually plug into the truck.

Phaco

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
EGR delete is fairly straight forward. I did my 2015. The most difficult part is a T40 bolt that faces the firewall. It is nearly impossible to get leverage on it to get it to turn. The Silverlining is that the T40 contects to a brace that can be cut off. The brace isn't needed for anything except supporting the EGR flange that connects to the turbo up-pipe (that you are removing). This makes the removal easy if your patience runs thin. You can replace the brace for $5 if you want. I used the Sasquatch kit, and it took 5 hrs to do the whole thing (took my time).
If you want to keep it looking stock, you can also do what was suggested above, and block off the turbo up-pipe and diffuser tube and leave the EGR in so you don't have to mess with the coolant. Your tune should turn off the EGR electronically, so leaving it in shouldnt be an issue.
Another option is do a diffuser tube delete (block off) and tune. Just depend on how much time you want to put into working on your truck. I would recommend doing it in stages (diffuser tube, then egr) so you can determine if you are satisfied with a full or partial delete. If you decide to do it yourself, quick tip is to remove the front tire and wheel liner while the coolant is draining.