• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello, Regen question

Ecochuck0

Aug 29, 2016
Truck Year
Hi I purchased a 2014 ED with 37k a few months ago. Haven't had any problems, now has 49k and hasn't regenerated yet? I am getting 28mpg's. Still can't believe it. I am considering the GDE tune. Do the 14's let you know when they regenerate? What preparations should I do before getting the tune? Thanks in advance.

John

Nov 13, 2015
no regen notice for normal regens that will occur approx. every 100-300miles. you will get a notice on the EVIC if you don't complete regens and reach 80% soot level. you are doing something right.

no prep required for the GDE tune.

Ecochuck0

Aug 29, 2016
Truck Year
no regen notice for normal regens that will occur approx. every 100-300miles. you will get a notice on the EVIC if you don't complete regens and reach 80% soot level. you are doing something right.

no prep required for the GDE tune.
Thanks, I drive 120 miles per day, 75 to 80 mph. Anything need to be cleaned before GDE tune? Thanks

Ecochuck0

Aug 29, 2016
Truck Year
I have read nothing but good regarding the GDE tune. Seems too good to be true. Can't wait.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I don't understand buying a truck (which has proven to have a history of engine issues) with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and then voluntarily telling FCA, "No thank you, I don't want your warranty, I'm going to opt for this after-market device and roll the dice with my engine issues".

I personally can't afford to fix this engine if it fails, so I need all the warranty they'll give me.

John

Nov 13, 2015
the warranty is still in place unless the aftermarket device is the cause of the issue.

research the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
the warranty is still in place unless the aftermarket device is the cause of the issue.

research the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
The GDE tune completely changes the way the motor was designed to function, if you don't think that is grounds for FCA to void the warranty, you are nuts.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I don't understand buying a truck (which has proven to have a history of engine issues) with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and then voluntarily telling FCA, "No thank you, I don't want your warranty, I'm going to opt for this after-market device and roll the dice with my engine issues".

I personally can't afford to fix this engine if it fails, so I need all the warranty they'll give me.

100% truth. I don't have 10k in cash laying around to fix this thing!!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's a tough one. It really depends on how much you trust the truck. I once removed the "DPF" and other "emissions" on my last Duramax truck with 3,000K miles on it. Was I crazy? Maybe... but I never had a problem with that truck and ran great and I didn't have to worry about the emissions problems after that.