• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello to All!

Tree Man

Apr 1, 2019
Truck Year
I retired in 2015 and bought a 2015 ED Outdoorsman. I live for the outdoors (hunting, fishing, camping, hiking)and the truck is perfect for the task. I like it but have concerns on problems that may come about when it is out of warranty. Bought a bumper to bumper warranty extension to the 100K. The warranty is over in 6K. I have had to replaced a front hub, DEF freeze up, fuel rail / sensor, changed to Rotella T6 @ 66K, and at and multiple computer upgrades. I now am loosing coolant. Have looked at youtube and seen a video on the Egr cooler. How do I determine if it is the EGR cooler leak. If is what do? I have also seen a video on full DPF delete, would this solve the problem or is this to extreme. I am planning on purchasing the Hot Tune GDE Tune. Do any of you use fuel additives, if so what are your thoughts on what is best.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome ppei now tunes without sending your ecu in if nothing is leaking on the ground I would think egr cooler

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If you don't see any coolant leaks it is likely the EGR or the oil cooler. Check your oil and see if there is coolant in it. If no coolant in the oil, it is the EGR. Your oil will look like chocolate milk if there is coolant in it. Keep your coolant up to the seam in the overflow and get it to the dealer for the repair.

Does anyone else wonder why they did not engineer a better EGR cooler? The failure of this cooler must be costing FCA a fortune.