• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hello,

cburch

Jul 18, 2021
Truck Year
New dieselowner here. bought back in July '21 with 93k. as of MID march i have 105k. i have had 1 problem... the dreadded p022e code. had Mech. friend run scanner and checked the "sensor" and found it was working properly and cleared code. other than that i am guessing i got one of the good ones!! :) '15 ram 1500 tradesman eco not tuned or deleted. HOWEVER i have seen a decrease in fuel mileage per "lie o meter" by 3 mpg. and with current prices of diesel in D/Fw being right at 5.00 a gal i want to be more frugal. YES it is WAY better than my 15 f150 5.0 (16hwy) and i thing 24 is awesome for a truck but.... any suggestions?? and thanks for the add!!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum... 24 is pretty good honestly. The guys getting 27+ have some special circumstances with terrain, and a ton of other variables in their favor.. I only averaged that in mine.

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
New dieselowner here. bought back in July '21 with 93k. as of MID march i have 105k. i have had 1 problem... the dreadded p022e code. had Mech. friend run scanner and checked the "sensor" and found it was working properly and cleared code. other than that i am guessing i got one of the good ones!! :) '15 ram 1500 tradesman eco not tuned or deleted. HOWEVER i have seen a decrease in fuel mileage per "lie o meter" by 3 mpg. and with current prices of diesel in D/Fw being right at 5.00 a gal i want to be more frugal. YES it is WAY better than my 15 f150 5.0 (16hwy) and i thing 24 is awesome for a truck but.... any suggestions?? and thanks for the add!!
Welcome Bchurch, a tune will definitely help mileage. I averaged closer to 25 before tuning even when being easy on the pedal. I think the tune is definitely worth the time and money if you are in a state that you can do it. Here’s my mileage for the last month or so. Took this pic yesterday. Plenty of town driving in the 2200 miles as well. You can see average speed is 35mph.

Attachments

• 42725B0F-9143-49BD-95FB-A22695F32F67.jpeg
    42725B0F-9143-49BD-95FB-A22695F32F67.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 7

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Watch how you drive it, I have a 2017 BIG HORN 4X4 with 3.92 gears & stage one tune from SFT, I average about 23 when I don't watch how I drive, if I keep it around 64-66 mph it helps a lot, I also use hotshots EDT every fillup, and will occasionally ad diesel extreme, I also toss an ounce of sta-bil diesel in some times that is netting me about 26mpg. I got 29 ONE time, I really babied that tank of fuel. They seem to be really sensitive to slight inclines AND pressure on the go pedal.

cburch

Jul 18, 2021
Truck Year
Watch how you drive it, I have a 2017 BIG HORN 4X4 with 3.92 gears & stage one tune from SFT, I average about 23 when I don't watch how I drive, if I keep it around 64-66 mph it helps a lot, I also use hotshots EDT every fillup, and will occasionally ad diesel extreme, I also toss an ounce of sta-bil diesel in some times that is netting me about 26mpg. I got 29 ONE time, I really babied that tank of fuel. They seem to be really sensitive to slight inclines AND pressure on the go pedal.
like i said mine is a bare bone tradesman crew cab i go 27.8 miles each way to work 1 way and 98% of that is HI way speed of 75 mph with cruse set. i DO have nice cloth seats and a Kenwood stereo. NO uconnect :( or "settings" where i can see on radio what all is going on. (exhaust temp ac settings etc (do have rvc) i LOVE it. co worker has the hemi version and gets (GET THIS) 11.2 mpg and 241k on his 12 ram

cburch

Jul 18, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome Bchurch, a tune will definitely help mileage. I averaged closer to 25 before tuning even when being easy on the pedal. I think the tune is definitely worth the time and money if you are in a state that you can do it. Here’s my mileage for the last month or so. Took this pic yesterday. Plenty of town driving in the 2200 miles as well. You can see average speed is 35mph.
my gague cluster isnt ANYTHING that fancy... rsm.jpeg
YES it was in ACC position, therefore the idiot light