• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Hey all,

Looks like Im the FNG here. Just got this 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Longhorn edition end of June. So far I like it. Drove it to Fla and back and got 29MPG... Im not new to the diesel scene, but I am to the Ecodiesel. Seems to be a slight differences. The dealer told me that the oil change interval was 10K miles??? Unbelievable. I asked about break in service and again was told 10K miles. Im a little leary of that... Thoughts???

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
You can get the official manual here:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

Then choose the diesel supplement option. You'll see they have a chart.

From manual:

Your vehicle is equipped with an automatic oil change indicator system. The oil change indicator system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance. Based on engine operation conditions, the oil change indicator message will illuminate. This means that service is required for your vehicle. Operating conditions such as frequent short-trips, trailer tow, extremely hot or cold ambient temperatures will influence when the “Oil Change Required” message is displayed. Severe Operating Conditions can cause the change oil message to illuminate as early as 3,500 miles (5,600 km) since last reset. Have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible, within the next 500 miles (805 km). Your authorized dealer will reset the oil change indicator message after completing the scheduled oil change. If a scheduled oil change is performed by someone other than your authorized dealer, the message can be reset by referring to the steps described under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” or “Driver Information Display (DID)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information. NOTE: Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or twelve months, whichever comes first.

So, basically it could go up to 10K miles, and as little as 3500 miles.

Welcome to the site!