• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help!! Truck towed to dealer on Oct 4th, Dealer still cant fix!!

JMcCarty

Oct 18, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Laramie with 35000 miles, it shut off twice on my wife while traveling on the freeway, she said it just lost power and as she was pulling to side of the road is shut off, would not restart a first but when it did was making strange sound and shut back off. She was able get it restarted and drove it home in limp mode, 40 mph max, no CEL or messages. Contacted dealer and they had it towed in. Dealer had it several days and said they found cracks in the turbo tubes that was causing the problem, they replaced the tubes and reset all internal codes. I picked it up and drove less then 20 miles and the CEL and Service Electronic Throttle Control message appeared and truck went back into limp mode. Took it back to dealer and after about a week the tech said he couldn't figure out what was wrong, he contacted Chrysler Techs and they said to replace the turbo, turbo was on back order, after about another week turbo was replaced as well as EGR valve. Picked it up and didn't make 100yds down the road form dealer and the CEL and ETC messages were back and in limp mode again. After several days the Tech then found that the turbo boost pressure sensor was cover in soot and partially melted, sensor was on back order. Sensor came in, Tech test drove, still broke. Tech contacted Chrysler again, they said to change EGR cooler, EGR cooler replaced, still not fixed and still sitting at the shop. The Tech is waiting to hear back from Chrysler.
To me is seems no one can figure our what is wrong with the truck and Chrysler just keeps having the dealer throw parts at it hoping something will fix it. I have contact FCA consumer line, they opened up a case and are monitoring the problem and giving me the same updates the tech is. I asked them what type of compensation or extended warranty they can give me but they say they cant do anything until vehicle is fixed. We have had the truck for about 20 months, Virginia Lemon Law is 18 months. I am at a loss as of what to do and what my options are. They dealer has luckily provided loaner vehicles, first a Jeep Renegade, then a Cherokee and now finally after a month they were able to give anther truck. Has anyone else had similar problems and if so what was your out come. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Unfortunately without more info you won’t get much advice. Things like the actual code that says why its faulting are essential for fully understanding the situation. It is likely something uncommon or hard to diagnose at this point but without a starting point we have little to guess off of.

JMcCarty

Oct 18, 2017
Truck Year
Unfortunately without more info you won’t get much advice. Things like the actual code that says why its faulting are essential for fully understanding the situation. It is likely something uncommon or hard to diagnose at this point but without a starting point we have little to guess off of.
The tech hasn't said exactly what codes are popping, he is just sending the info to the Chrysler Star engineers and they are telling him what parts change. I'm looking more for what others have received if anything from a dealer or Chrysler after their truck has been in the shop for going on 2 months. Such as extending out the bumper to bumper, trade offer or anything.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The tech hasn't said exactly what codes are popping, he is just sending the info to the Chrysler Star engineers and they are telling him what parts change. I'm looking more for what others have received if anything from a dealer or Chrysler after their truck has been in the shop for going on 2 months. Such as extending out the bumper to bumper, trade offer or anything.

Keep in contact with FCA Customer Care. You every avenue you have to be sure they're on top of it.