• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hey there ...

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
So I'm new to the whole Ecodiesel thing ...well to a diesel in general. So far I've fixed a humidity sensor....but I have a P20EE code coming up and a B1E99-1E....how should I fix these? The how to on the seats are mostly for hecka older trucks(mine is a 14) and I have a cooler in my seat too which they don't seem to.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Where is the exhaust filter? Also thanks bud
Basic answer. Drive it for an hour on the highway before it tells you to see the dealer and hits limp mode. Then you are up a creek unless you have a alpha code reader. Oh and Not around town hitting all the red lights. It will clear itself. It's not like an oil filter. You cannot simply replace it.

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
Basic answer. Drive it for an hour on the highway before it tells you to see the dealer and hits limp mode. Then you are up a creek unless you have a alpha code reader. Oh and Not around town hitting all the red lights. It will clear itself. It's not like an oil filter. You cannot simply replace it.
So if it isn't saying see the dealer in ok with that?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
And by "hit the highway or interstate" he means as soon as you can get there, no messing around. I'd recommend getting an EDGE monitor, either a CTS2, OR 3. IMO the 2 is a little better because it will initiate a forced regen where as the 3 3 will not. The 3 will allow you to monitor more parameters, top in my book is to monitor soot%, EGT1, EGT2 , & EGT3, REGEN STATUS. Those are mandatory in my mind other PIDS are optional.

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
And by "hit the highway or interstate" he means as soon as you can get there, no messing around. I'd recommend getting an EDGE monitor, either a CTS2, OR 3. IMO the 2 is a little better because it will initiate a forced regen where as the 3 3 will not. The 3 will allow you to monitor more parameters, top in my book is to monitor soot%, EGT1, EGT2 , & EGT3, REGEN STATUS. Those are mandatory in my mind other PIDS are optional.
What is a Regen?

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
What is a Regen?
It is the process where the truck emissions cleans out the exhaust filter getting rid of the 100 full notice. Then the process starts over once the filter fills up again hundreds of miles down the road.

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
It is the process where the truck emissions cleans out the exhaust filter getting rid of the 100 full notice. Then the process starts over once the filter fills up again hundreds of miles down the road.
Ok so the truck will tell me when I need to do that soon right?

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Ok so the truck will tell me when I need to do that soon right?
I cannot not remember how stock truck display filter stats, but I have the GDE turn and it tell me at 80, 90, and 100% and when the system is actively in a Regen cycle and when it is complete. I have two trucks. A Tacoma for commuting in town and the ED for longer trips 60+ miles down the turn pike. The ed is not designed for city driving. This is why your system has not completed a Regen yet. It is not getting up to operating temps and the trips are not long enough. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
I cannot not remember how stock truck display filter stats, but I have the GDE turn and it tell me at 80, 90, and 100% and when the system is actively in a Regen cycle and when it is complete. I have two trucks. A Tacoma for commuting in town and the ED for longer trips 60+ miles down the turn pike. The ed is not designed for city driving. This is why your system has not completed a Regen yet. It is not getting up to operating temps and the trips are not long enough. Just food for thought.
I have a charger for in town(mostly) and the Ed is use mostly for when I drive down to Monterey (which is almost 200 mi round trip) 2x a week. I do hit a decent amount of traffic still but I do take it long distance for sure.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Excellent, that is what it needs!! How long have you had the truck?
I have a charger for in town(mostly) and the Ed is use mostly for when I drive down to Monterey (which is almost 200 mi round trip) 2x a week. I do hit a decent amount of traffic still but I do take it long distance for sure.
I was just thinking. Your in California. My wife is from Redondo Beach. I played hell getting my truck to Regen while there. To much traffic. Sitting at an idle does not produce the environment needed. The rpm need to be, I think over 1500 for x number of minutes to activate the process. If it begins the cycle and the rpm drop (like idling in California traffic) it stops the Regen. I highly suggest buying an alpha obd reader where you can force the truck to start the cycle manually. It will save your tail long term.

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
I was just thinking. Your in California. My wife is from Redondo Beach. I played hell getting my truck to Regen while there. To much traffic. Sitting at an idle does not produce the environment needed. The rpm need to be, I think over 1500 for x number of minutes to activate the process. If it begins the cycle and the rpm drop (like idling in California traffic) it stops the Regen. I highly suggest buying an alpha obd reader where you can force the truck to start the cycle manually. It will save your tail long term.
Gotcha!

wlb862

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
Excellent, that is what it needs!! How long have you had the truck?
I have had the truck a month and no problems other than those 2 codes. I mentioned originally. However.....I'm the type of person whom likes to be ready and learn as much as I can from other people and what they know(from first hand experience). So that's why I'm going over all this right now. Yeah, the traffic can suck....but that is usually only one of the directions....so I get at least 200mi a week just straight open road driving!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Invest in the EDGE CTS MONITOR, it will show you soot loading, regen status and a bunch of other stuff, I would
also suggest ALFAOBD with a good obd dongle, ALFA OBD requires windows or android operating system and will not work on an APPLE product. I use an unused kindle fire 8HD, It works great and is the best SCANTOOL for the ECO without spending a fortune, it's $50 plus the dongle, I use an MX, OR MX2 from AMAZON, cant remember which one. The Eco is not the best option for short trip in city driving, but is great on the open road.