• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi from Arkansas

SmokeyT1223

May 9, 2018
Truck Year
Hello fellow Eco's. I bought my 2015 Eco Tradesman about a month ago with 37K miles. Every mile I drive it I love it more, especially driving past the gas stations. I recently started a Junk Removal business and the main reason I bought this truck was because of the fuel mileage. I have owned HD diesels in the past and I love diesels in general but I didn't want to feed an HD model plus I didn't want the stiff ride that comes with them. I am starting off with the Ecodiesl and 14' drop gate single axle trailer. My plan is to add a tandem axle trailer for heavier loads and I plan to bag the rear end to compensate on the truck. It is bone stock as far as drive train goes. The only thing I have dome to it is a found OEM 20" wheels with 285/60/20 Nexen AT Pro tires to replace the 275/70/17 tires and wheels that came on it. otherwise, just cosmetic. I wish the Tradesmen had a few more bells with it, but the up side is I can add to it what I want as it is basically a blank slate. One thing I think that should be standard on the Tradesman is a back up camera. They are marketed and sold as work trucks, which means a lot of them pull trailers so it should be a given that they, of all trim packages, should have a camera.

I am looking forward to reading the forums and learning what others have to say and listening to their experiences and knowledge. I'm the kind of guy that if I don't know something about a topic I will find out whatever I can. So I end up knowing a little about a lot of things and not a lot about anything.

From Arkansas I thank you for the opportunity to join your community. Believe it or not, not all of our roads are dirt, not everyone drive pickups, and all of us do not go barefoot. Ok....I DO drive a pickup, but I live on a paved road and I wear shoes!

Stray1

Jun 21, 2019
Truck Year
Hello fellow Eco's. I bought my 2015 Eco Tradesman about a month ago with 37K miles. Every mile I drive it I love it more, especially driving past the gas stations. I recently started a Junk Removal business and the main reason I bought this truck was because of the fuel mileage. I have owned HD diesels in the past and I love diesels in general but I didn't want to feed an HD model plus I didn't want the stiff ride that comes with them. I am starting off with the Ecodiesl and 14' drop gate single axle trailer. My plan is to add a tandem axle trailer for heavier loads and I plan to bag the rear end to compensate on the truck. It is bone stock as far as drive train goes. The only thing I have dome to it is a found OEM 20" wheels with 285/60/20 Nexen AT Pro tires to replace the 275/70/17 tires and wheels that came on it. otherwise, just cosmetic. I wish the Tradesmen had a few more bells with it, but the up side is I can add to it what I want as it is basically a blank slate. One thing I think that should be standard on the Tradesman is a back up camera. They are marketed and sold as work trucks, which means a lot of them pull trailers so it should be a given that they, of all trim packages, should have a camera.

I am looking forward to reading the forums and learning what others have to say and listening to their experiences and knowledge. I'm the kind of guy that if I don't know something about a topic I will find out whatever I can. So I end up knowing a little about a lot of things and not a lot about anything.

From Arkansas I thank you for the opportunity to join your community. Believe it or not, not all of our roads are dirt, not everyone drive pickups, and all of us do not go barefoot. Ok....I DO drive a pickup, but I live on a paved road and I wear shoes!
Did you ever add a back up camera to your truck? I am looking for one too. Is there an upgrade to the stock system to add a back up camera?

littletexas

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
Did you ever add a back up camera to your truck? I am looking for one too. Is there an upgrade to the stock system to add a back up camera?
Stray1, I have the Tadibrothers pickup truck rear view with HD definition license plate camera. You might want to check it out. It has a rearview LCD mirror. i have had mine for over 2 years on my ecodiesel tradesman and love it. Look for SKU78589. I did not want the monitor and the mirror mounts over the factory mirror. I put a toggle switch so i can turn power off and on so i can use it as a rearview mirror or camera for backing up or to check on my boat while traveling down the road.

Stray1

Jun 21, 2019
Truck Year
Stray1, I have the Tadibrothers pickup truck rear view with HD definition license plate camera. You might want to check it out. It has a rearview LCD mirror. i have had mine for over 2 years on my ecodiesel tradesman and love it. Look for SKU78589. I did not want the monitor and the mirror mounts over the factory mirror. I put a toggle switch so i can turn power off and on so i can use it as a rearview mirror or camera for backing up or to check on my boat while traveling down the road.
Thank you for the recommendation. I'll check that model out.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome and hope you love your truck! My 2015 has been great and I look forward to hearing about your rear air bag suspension plans. Are you going self leveling or still a little ways away from those plans yet?