• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi From Everett, WA

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've been wanting a nice diesel truck for a long time for the decent mileage and finally picked up a 2018 Big Horn 4x4 crew cab a week + ago. I'm super jazzed about getting 10 mpg better than my 02 Silverado and can't wait to try it on a trip (this weekend to Missoula, MT).

I've been doing a bit of reading and feel a tad leary if I did the right thing with some of the issues I've read but I got the lifetime warranty and will abuse it if I have to! ;-) So far I only have put a couple hundred miles on it and absolutely love it. I thought something was wrong with it when I hit 200 miles and it had only burned 1/4 of a tank so I filled it up and now it says I have about 568 miles to empty - WOW! I'm impressed along with the 24 mpg on that bit of driving.

I've installed some weathertech mudflaps (I'd like them longer). Added some step bars and am installing the 3M clear bra film all over the front. After that a canopy and I'll be good .

Hoping for many years and miles of fun with it. :)

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Glad to have you here...

Coming from an 02 is quite an upgrade.. these trucks are nice and spoils us for sure with the luxury and the MPG they offer. Good move with the lifetime warranty.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I feel like I'm driving a Cadillac, it's so nice I can't believe it. I just hope it runs forever. I'll be taking care of it for sure. My last new car looked like new the day I sold it 15 years later and this will be taken care of the same way. :)