• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi! Love my truck! 2015 1500 Bighorn ETC issues....

Duckie0119

Apr 15, 2019
Truck Year
I came here looking for answers to the electronic throttle control problem I have been having with my truck. I bought the truck with 20k miles 2 years ago yesterday and now have 78k. I have had this issue 3 times now and when this happens the truck will not go over 35 mph. The first 2 times I was told I needed a new fuel filter, the last time I was told it was because my air filter plastic was causing the error. I am not sure what is really going on and why it keeps happening. I just had the fuel filter and an oil change done less then 2 weeks ago so I did not expect this on Saturday. I love my truck and I really want to keep it but with this being the 4th time this has happened I am not sure what I want to do at this time and I found this page looking for answers.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Remove your EGR diffuser tube and clean it. Then remove the MAP sensor and clean it with MAF / MAP sensor cleaner. I think you are all sooted up. There are videos on youtube on how to do it.

Recommendation: look at greendieselengineering.com and consider getting a tune for your engine. Let us know if this works!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
remember to look at look at greendieselengineering.com so you don't have to worry about it again. It makes your truck a much better truck. Not a shill, just a fan.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
With that mileage cleaning the Diffuser- tube and map may help until the EGR/Plenum is replaced, if the cake soot is moist thats a sure sign the EGR is leaking. Look into the plenum and if it looks like this.
1555365919331.jpeg

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
TC, how many hours do you think it would take the average owner with basic skills to remove the intake?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
R/R 8-10Hrs.