• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi there eco guys First time Dodge owner,sought Eco diesel

Almost

Mar 18, 2017
Truck Year
Had f350 7.3 for years change oil ever 9000 kms bought the new Eco diesel only 3000 km and the oil life is till me to replace the dealer replaced it free said computer has to be up graded now it and 7000 km and needs changing again is this a common problem.

Almost

Mar 18, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks for your interest in the issue.

I don't know if there is any engine code just seems too soon for second oil change, been told it should be 1400-1600kms.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Something is screwy with that oil life monitor. Has it been reset? I thought it was just a numerical countdown from last reset. How many kms on your current oil and filter change? I would ride it out to YOUR desired interval, change oil & filter, reset the OLM and then see how it acts.

Anyhow, I think the original oil, 5w-40, had a recommended drain interval at 16000km. Since the switch to 5w-40, I'm going with a drain every 12000km.

The limiting factor of synthetic oil's productive life is the filter, not the oil itself. Under normal circumstances, no way, on my dime, would I ever change the oil & filter before at least 10000km.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk