• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi this is vandan I have bought a 2015 ram 1500 slt eco diesel in august 2016 with 20, 000 klm.

I find this motor sure is noisy when accelarating, seems to be the timing advance

• Could it be the timing advance is out or is this normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or could it be that the chain is stretch or out of time or is this normal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
This is my second diesel that I have owned the first was 1985 Nissan B2200 which was a fantastic little truck averaging 40 plus mpg so I'm crossing my fingers that this one will be as dependable. I have put the GDE updated ecu in this one because it was a no- brainer on how it makes this little truck run, I hope in the long run which will take awhile to recover the cost will be a good decision on my part everything is positive up to now.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome!

Since you're running GDE tuning, I would contact them and get their opinion on the sound to see if it's something they have heard before. It could be a bug in your tune file that has a little to much timing, etc.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
It could be the tune from GDE because it seems like the transmission has to catch up to the motor when you floor it between shift 1 to 2 and then 3 too , it revs up to 4 th. rpm. then it shifts and drops to about 3200 rpm then climbs by the time your into 5th gear you are well over 110 klm. per hour. The GDE sure woke it up but maybe too much I don't know what should be the norm with this application.I will have to make a closer observation on this or maybe GDE could tell me what it should be.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It could be the tune from GDE because it seems like the transmission has to catch up to the motor when you floor it between shift 1 to 2 and then 3 too , it revs up to 4 th. rpm. then it shifts and drops to about 3200 rpm then climbs by the time your into 5th gear you are well over 110 klm. per hour. The GDE sure woke it up but maybe too much I don't know what should be the norm with this application.I will have to make a closer observation on this or maybe GDE could tell me what it should be.

Yep, I would start there! Keep us updated.