• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi to all!!

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Four wheel drive well get you better traction in slippery conditions and have a higher resale value.

Two wheel drive well get a tiny bit better fuel economy and have a little bit higher payload capacity. Also it well cost a little less up front and have two less things to maintain.

Ray Mayer

Jul 15, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks, just been thinking about a 4wd and of course price justification.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks, just been thinking about a 4wd and of course price justification.

If you live in a real snowy area, or you venture "off-road" a lot in rural areas then a 4x4 no question. I was raised in a small town and buying a truck without 4x4 would get you made fun of... :D

But, if you live in the inner city where roads are never a problem and you would never use 4x4 it usually doesn't pay off. Resale value is always higher on a 4x4 so you get your money back from the initial cost in most cases.

Ray Mayer

Jul 15, 2016
Truck Year
I live in a small rural town and am always looking for acreage to buy and in a few years traveling with a pull behind camper of some kind. So, I figured that somewhere in my future I'd need a 4wd.
Does anyone pull a camper with the 3.0 and if so, how long, and what is camper weight?
Any problems I should consider?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Theres lot of people who tow travel trailers with there Ecodiesels, Im one of them. They tow great just make sure and use a good quality weight distribution hitch.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Theres lot of people who tow travel trailers with there Ecodiesels, Im one of them. They tow great just make sure and use a good quality weight distribution hitch.

Yep, and stay within the truck's capabilities!