• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Frequency Vibration

MV14

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Ok guys I need some help, I have a 2016 ED just turned 48k miles and I am now starting to feel a high frequency vibration through the floor board, gas pedal and steering wheel at idle and through acceleration. Feels like an electric razor under my feet. The vibration gets more noticeable with a load and as the RPM's go up. Thought I had some bad fuel but have run 4 tanks since and still vibration is there. I took it to the dealer and they said no codes so nothing to fix. The engine at idle is noticeably loader than it has ever been. The only thing that I can link to the vibration is that I changed the fuel filter about the time the vibration started but the dealer says the fuel system has so many sensors that if it was a high pressure pump or injector it would throw a code. Any ideas on what this might be or where I might start looking?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome.. wish I had more information for you. Sometimes a loose engine mount can cause this but since you say it seemed to happen with the fuel filter, not sure.