• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Home Run!!

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Hello!! I knew I wanted a diesel for towing but, since I only tow 3x a year (for now), I didn't want a 2500 anything for a daily driver. I tried to get a deal on a Grand Cherokee with the ecoDiesel but they were not making any deals on them. I started looking at the RAM 1500 and was THRILLED when I saw the ecoDiesel in the Ram! I picked up a 2015 leftover with the Big Horn package, with 108 miles and was even MORE thrilled when I found out the tow rating far exceeded the Grand Cherokee. The leftover price wasn't bad either. I drove it and it was a "no brainer". 10 months in and 11k miles on the odometer and still loving it!
I am a Husband, Father and Grandfather. We enjoy ATV riding in the WV Mountains, and hope to enjoy our "new to us" 24' Camper. By the way, I towed the camper (5800 lbs "wet weight") from Turnersville NJ to Newark DE (60 miles) and never dropped below 21.3 mpg (mostly interstate).
All in all, I really couldn't ask for more. I truly tell everyone who will listen, this same story and repeatedly say that "this vehicle for me is a HOME RUN!!" Thanks RAM! I wish dealerships took referrals. I will probably be responsible for a few RAM sales!!