• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles do you have on your eco diesel?

Fkappler

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Hi I'm wanting to buy a 2015 EcoDiesel with 140,000 miles on it, 4x4 with EGR delete for $17k. Is it worth it? Will it last a while?

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I have 69000 on my 16, no delete. Won't do that till I'm off all my warranties. Besides replacing the EGR cooler several times and having a couple of plugged exhaust sensors, no issues. Based on what I read here, its the luck of the draw. I got lucky, my was a lease trade-in with 39000 on it when I bought it. If you do buy it, drive with the DIC on the engine stats at all times...I would have wasted my engine during my first EGR cooler failure if I hadn't been paying attention.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Unless it has maintenance Records its risky, at that mileage its going to need some repairs, in addition to the possibility of major failure.

Now that being said $17K No, Your looking at 2-3K in maintenance and the possibility of $8k in motor replacement. Now make sure you have the funds for future repairs and offer $15K or buy gas.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I have 143k on my 2014. Egr and intake done at 109k. Previous owner records from dealer shows it spent a hefty amount of time in the dealers parking lot for repairs. Bought mine at 113k, since August 2018 I have put a #4 glow plug in(500$ after it broke off), deleted at 133k (1000$ Tuner and plates for egr). Self oil changes are changes are 100$ if you do them yourself every 7k, fuel filters are around 20$ at the same 7k interval. Ride is awesome(non air ride), quite and plenty of pep compared to my 2001 ram 1500. Would I buy mine again knowing what I know now since I was uneducated on them? Maybe. It’s a basket of worries but maintnence and tunes seem to be the ticket for these motors.

Moparmarty50

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I took my 2018 Ram 1500 ED (16,xxx mi.) to my local dealer a week ago today for the second oil change and first fuel filter service. They called me and said there was a good leak coming somewhere from the engine and they needed to keep it. By COB today I believe they have found the problem but need to order some parts. They will advise me more tomorrow.
I’d like to know if there any standard of giving a loaner vehicle in situations like this. Could use it at times especially if they keep it much longer. Thanks.

eljefe

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2017 and a few hundred miles short of 50k. Only been to the dealer for one recall, BUT I'm waiting for the EGR to get to the dealer for that recall. OTHERWISE, all maintenance done in my driveway. (doing everything to prevent a jinx) I've got ZERO problems.

Moparmarty50

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I took my 2018 Ram 1500 ED (16,xxx mi.) to my local dealer a week ago today for the second oil change and first fuel filter service. They called me and said there was a good leak coming somewhere from the engine and they needed to keep it. By COB today I believe they have found the problem but need to order some parts. They will advise me more tomorrow.
I’d like to know if there any standard of giving a loaner vehicle in situations like this. Could use it at times especially if they keep it much longer. Thanks.

Followup: Originally dropped off my truck July 30, 2020. They had it a week when they diagnosed the front of the engine needed resealed and parts needed to be ordered. Told them I needed a vehicle to get around. A rental Dodge Journey was provided. About a week later the service guy texted and said they had the parts and would soon start the job. I was contacted about a week after that and was told a fuel rail was broke during the process and it needed to be ordered. Later an o-ring needed to be ordered. I got my truck back yesterday, August 27th. Parts still on order for recall. Hopefully no more problems for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebelguy2020

Aug 29, 2020
Truck Year
My Rebel 5 weeks old has over 5000km or 3000 miles, DEF is down to 3/8, a lot of highway and towing. How is everybody doing with the DEF consumption?