• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
2015 Laramie ,4774 miles . Will run only 300- 400 feet before shutting down . Dealer has had 4 weeks , replaced various parts as computer shows . Still not repaired . Says they do not know problem , doing a " Star case " with Chrysler , whatever that is . Will probably trade when I get it back .
Loved truck , great ride , power etc . Anyone know if Ford F150 coming with diesel ?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'll post again. January of '15 built truck, 13000+/- miles and no problems at all.

Did hear a loud rattle/ticking from the engine bay on way home lastnight, consistent with engine speed. Honestly, I was expecting it to blow. Pulled in the garage, popped hood, and saw my block heater cord laying against a metal pipe on the front passenger side lol. You can see what I'm talking about here.
7d3433b9d256afb54c829257a71faa32.jpg
Moved cord. Rattle gone now. Amazing how the webs inject a sense of doom into an otherwise solid platform. Bet failures are under 3% of trucks. Good luck to you all.

Doccruz

Jan 8, 2016
Truck Year
I have 815 miles and had my drivers side front axle shaft replaced (torn boot found day I bought it) and the front bumper not installed correctly 1 inch gap drivers side ( dealer fixed) Then the bed is two inches off towards the passenger side and dealer stated cannot be fixed and to call Ram 800#. I now have a claim and awaiting call back. Ecodiesel good so far

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Got final report . !4000.00$ for repair . Only 4700 miles . Chrysler says fuel contamination . Diesel repair friends say if true Ram has piss poor fuel filtration . Same problem could occur within the next 4700 miles .Will be trading when truck is repaired .

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Got final report . !4000.00$ for repair . Only 4700 miles . Chrysler says fuel contamination . Diesel repair friends say if true Ram has piss poor fuel filtration . Same problem could occur within the next 4700 miles .Will be trading when truck is repaired .
I don't blame you one bit for trading.

Doccruz

Jan 8, 2016
Truck Year
Well after I left dealer I went on a trip top my Upstate NY home 1136 miles check engine light, went to Syracuse NY dealer cleared EGR code and then on return trip CEL again. Now its at dealer with me driving a rental minivan hating life.

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Typo . Actual cost 14000.00

SteelerFan

Feb 16, 2016
Truck Year
2015 Big Horn Quad Cab Ecodiesel - 10,000 miles and back at dealer again. 1st time - was at approximately 2500 miles and was for check engine light which I was told was electronic throttle control problem... 2nd time was at approx 7000 miles - first lost all heat on a cold day. Shut off, restarted and heat worked again for a bit then threw a check engine light. Dealer said EGR needed replaced but parts were back ordered so dealer had truck for a week. Now 3,000 miles later truck is back at dealer with no power, electronic throttle control problem codes and EGR needing fixed again... I no longer want this truck. Problem is after paying over $40K - dealer said its worth less than $30K to trade it off....$10K loss in 4 months... NOT happy

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
2015 Big Horn Quad Cab Ecodiesel - 10,000 miles and back at dealer again. 1st time - was at approximately 2500 miles and was for check engine light which I was told was electronic throttle control problem... 2nd time was at approx 7000 miles - first lost all heat on a cold day. Shut off, restarted and heat worked again for a bit then threw a check engine light. Dealer said EGR needed replaced but parts were back ordered so dealer had truck for a week. Now 3,000 miles later truck is back at dealer with no power, electronic throttle control problem codes and EGR needing fixed again... I no longer want this truck. Problem is after paying over $40K - dealer said its worth less than $30K to trade it off....$10K loss in 4 months... NOT happy

Start with FCA Customer care and see what they can do for you. Sorry to hear about your luck.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Have not been too active on here lately I have been in the middle of a bathroom remodel project that I'm doing at my house. Truck has 9k miles still absolutely trouble free and is finally at the body shop getting repaired. They say city driving is not great for them yet that's mostly all I do highway run
350fa963b1f29ca34ffb929f38cd1ad2.jpg
aebc8abddabf7f2c57c858476977f4d2.jpg
once every week or two on average. Towing a dump trailer the other day though saw EOT at 227 with 60deg outside temp. Bit high.
01a248fbc71c8e0cc491e824cbfae74a.jpg

Phillip Anderson

Feb 19, 2016
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!

I have a 2014 eco diesel, 100,000 Kms and now I have the issue with the service electronic accelerator module, have not been able to drive it at all for a week now. I have seen this issue online with many different resolves. I truly believe that our Canadian winters were not considered in the design. But I have a cool grill bra that must me used in colder weather. Still love the truck but very nervous at this point.

Doccruz

Jan 8, 2016
Truck Year
Well after a week in the shop check engine light off (software upgrade EGR) and my crooked bed still crooked and Ram states not repairable. FCA REP said she would call me next Wednesday with answers?

Phillip Anderson

Feb 19, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 eco diesel, 100,000 Kms and now I have the issue with the service electronic accelerator module, have not been able to drive it at all for a week now. I have seen this issue online with many different resolves. I truly believe that our Canadian winters were not considered in the design. But I have a cool grill bra that must me used in colder weather. Still love the truck but very nervous at this point.
Truck goes in Monday, just had a exhaust system error as well.

Phillip Anderson

Feb 19, 2016
Truck Year
Okay trucks all good now, needed a software up date and they looked after the exhaust filter. I deal with the best Ram dealer in town. Warranty is expired of course but they had it for 2.5 hours and only charged me a hundred dollars.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Okay trucks all good now, needed a software up date and they looked after the exhaust filter. I deal with the best Ram dealer in town. Warranty is expired of course but they had it for 2.5 hours and only charged me a hundred dollars.

Pretty good prices for a dealer visit. Usually any emissions visit with no warranty = $$$$$.

jafromwi

Feb 24, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Emissions warranty is 8 years 80000 miles, 128748 kms. They don't cover exhaust filters like they would a catalytic converter?