• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its unlikely the report is correct.. The DOJ and the EPA have NEVER allowed backwards legality This problem goes way Back into the Nineties , Here's and article for the Los Angles lies (Before they became they became morally bankrupt) I only use it to provide the date 1998, since than these same power plant makers have paid additional Millions in fines., Wards is also incorrect on development of the 3.0, The EPA has allowed the 3.0 2017 un-jailed but nothing of 2018 has ben even considered.

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/oct/23/news/mn-35220

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Its unlikely the report is correct.. The DOJ and the EPA have NEVER allowed backwards legality This problem goes way Back into the Nineties , Here's and article for the Los Angles lies (Before they became they became morally bankrupt) I only use it to provide the date 1998, since than these same power plant makers have paid additional Millions in fines., Wards is also incorrect on development of the 3.0, The EPA has allowed the 3.0 2017 un-jailed but nothing of 2018 has ben even considered.

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/oct/23/news/mn-35220

Actually the report is correct. The ecodiesel engine was slated for updates for 2018 anyways, so it might be a while tell we see it.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry for "hijacking the thread". I now have 19,900 and it still impresses me whenever I kick down on the throttle from any speed. Towed again after the 1650 mile trip so, knocked down my mpg again but, creeping back up. Saw 21.0 on my way to work tonight. I have noticed a stumble/misfire coming off of idle again before fully warmed up. Need to take an unladen road trip to see where she tops out. I will keep you informed since I am a "software rewrite" guinea pig. :)

Butch Berry

Sep 26, 2017
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!

I have 55k on my 2015. Had one issue with DEF system after the second Oil change. Truck went into limp mode. Took to a dealer, they said the burnout did not take place after the last oil change and asked if the Oil change indicator was reset and it was. That was at 20k. Have not had the issue again. Have had the engine light come on 2-3 times since but in a few days goes back out on its own. The only other problem I have had is the Cruise Control. 9 times out of 10 to make it work I have to hold the button in and let the steering column tilt up in a pretty hard manner to get it to turn on. After doing this once for the day it seems to turn on every time thereafter. Its been a good truck, I tow a camper and a boat multiple times during the summer and it has no problems whatsoever getting the job done. Happy so far....be happier without the PAYMENT!!!

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I have 55k on my 2015. Had one issue with DEF system after the second Oil change. Truck went into limp mode. Took to a dealer, they said the burnout did not take place after the last oil change and asked if the Oil change indicator was reset and it was. That was at 20k. Have not had the issue again. Have had the engine light come on 2-3 times since but in a few days goes back out on its own. The only other problem I have had is the Cruise Control. 9 times out of 10 to make it work I have to hold the button in and let the steering column tilt up in a pretty hard manner to get it to turn on. After doing this once for the day it seems to turn on every time thereafter. Its been a good truck, I tow a camper and a boat multiple times during the summer and it has no problems whatsoever getting the job done. Happy so far....be happier without the PAYMENT!!!
Thanks for the reminder!! I forgot about that! On very warm days, especially if the sun is shining on the steering wheel, the cruise control will REFUSE to com on until it cools down some.

Ragnarök

Oct 8, 2017
Truck Year
Hi all
I'm new to the board and group. Just throwing out there, I have a 2015 with 51,500 km/ 32,000 ml. Only issue to date is a tailgate latch problem which I understand is fairly common with all RAMs.
It's a great truck and very comfortable for long distance driving. It doesn't hurt that I get the better part of 800 miles (1300 km) to a tank on the Hwy either.

Agapetus

Nov 16, 2017
Truck Year
2016 ecodiesel. My tailgate will just open at random times, usually at low speed. I have been to dealer numerous times but they say they never heard of that issue. Went to a different dealer and got the same story. My dealer finally ordered and installed new lock for tailgate. Hasn't been installed long enough to see if it worked. Anyone else having issues?

Capt Tim

May 7, 2017
Truck Year
Never. It’s a party truck. Always ready to tailgate. Hope new lock doesn’t screw up a good game. Good luck!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My 2014 now has 57K miles, no real issues except I also am experiencing intermittent failure of the Cruise Control button. Great truck.

Brett Boyles

Feb 17, 2016
Truck Year
40000 and no major issues, had it GDE tuned a few months ago and my winter mileage is up by 3 to 4 mpg, and it warms up much quicker than it did last winter ... love this truck... will be getting the transmission tune from GDE soon too ... might as well make this truck as good as it can be ... , off topic a bit but got my wife a Mercedes ML 320 CDI and got the GDE tune for that too and it made it a better SUV ... the real question is why is it that these outside people are able to tweak these engines and get more out of them than the original designers? Why can the manufacturers make them this good in the first place?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
For one it must be HC, Driving habits conditions play a big part in MPG, Most long time owners that keep track of MPG over 12 months+ HC generally will tell the tunes had 0-5% increase. They can get the MPG but they factor in all around Performance and are required to Be COC complaint. The EPA shutdown another Big player in the tuning world its only time before the cease and desist orders are swerved to GDE. Couple that with the detection systems and the encryption most OEM are deploying aftermarket tuning will die in the future W/O standalone unit . My banks Bullet is Pressure Box, any seasoned Performance person that Knows HPCR will tell its the safest way to Add HP, I have never mapped GDE tunes but I'm sure this rule applies regardless of their claims. My ED gets great MPG and with simple maintenance will last. ALL My OAs dictate its a hero built 3.0 after I replaced 2 main bearings ( undersized) early on in its life . Why would I molest My system void My Warranty for a few Bucks in mileage savings. I have posted this over the years and I will post here again.

Factory warranty

Maybe I can clear this UP, GM All makers Must meet the certification REQUIRED by Federal Law. The instant YOU delete ON/OFF road use (The only exception to this law is Race or off road competition) GM or your Dealer cannot (legally) even repair the Vehicle if its has State Plates.

Enforcement is the issue, Many times action is NOT taken when the warranty is voided, This is the parties involved discretion, MAKE NO mistake YOUR warranty is voided the instant you make defeat or delete steps to any component thats needed to meet the certification.

Enforcement is the major part of any Law, if No enforcement then its a statement, if the parties involved decided to enforce the law it is now binding and absolute.

Your warranty cannot be Voided on all component's that have NO bridge or connection, Example NEW radio cannot void suspension components, but it sure can void ALL electronic communications. Enforcement is the key Part of any law or warranty. When disagreement's arise they are generally decide By arbitration or Judge.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
40000 and no major issues, had it GDE tuned a few months ago and my winter mileage is up by 3 to 4 mpg, and it warms up much quicker than it did last winter ... love this truck... will be getting the transmission tune from GDE soon too ... might as well make this truck as good as it can be ... , off topic a bit but got my wife a Mercedes ML 320 CDI and got the GDE tune for that too and it made it a better SUV ... the real question is why is it that these outside people are able to tweak these engines and get more out of them than the original designers? Why can the manufacturers make them this good in the first place?
If it was 3 decades ago that we had this engine technology, and there was the level of government emissions regulations there was then, it would be entirely possible.

Gde cannot run their tune with epa certification therefore fca cannot run that software from the factory

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't agree with parts of the EPA mandates, But I'm also a lover of justice and work hard at following the Rule of Law. For Example This War On NOx is just crazy, NOx is produce naturally By lighting and other natural occurring events., If A diesel can get 1MPG with just single Digit PPM how can the mandate of next to 0 be allowed, One tank of Fuel will net - 7-8lbs less of other contaminates , How can the EPA Justify near 0 NOx? , Sulfur is another One its natural and is necessary for growth its the imbalance that creates problem, Most framers around here will tell they are NOW paying to add Sulfur to the ground. to Much is damaging both to humans and vegetation again the scale should dictate the level NOT the Tree Huggers .

Its No doubt that the NA environment has improved with mandated regulations ( No one wants the 70s air) but have these extreme standards over reached the desired intention? Can anyone point Me to Tunes that roll Back these Measures ? No aftermarket tunes kill these measure, on the platform of better mileage for WHAT. Yep Profit. If these tunes did what they claim anyone can file CDX for COC and if they passed the OEMs would pay $Millions$ for it.

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
2014 ED with 140,000kms (86k miles) and while there have been issues, overall very satisfied. Oil cooler issue at 14k kms, no issues on that front since replacement. Quite a few trips to dealer with engine lights mostly related to exhaust issues, one DEF tank replacement as guage stopped working and same issue with cruise. They replaced it and it still shows up now and then. Solid truck, great ride and love the mileage.

1171FM

Nov 22, 2017
Truck Year
15,000, no problems. Recent trip from So. Cal to the Central Valley netted 29.5 average mpg on the EVIC (didnt hand calc, to lazy)