• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
15,000, no problems. Recent trip from So. Cal to the Central Valley netted 29.5 average mpg on the EVIC (didnt hand calc, to lazy)

The computer is pretty close in most cases. Even if it's 1-3 off, still good numbers. Welcome to the site!

Ezfuel

Dec 19, 2017
Truck Year
!2015 crewcab 4x4. 43k miles. Lots of long trips. Basic oil .fue!filter changes(I change mine at 7500 miles) went from 20 inch wheel to 17 with Goodyear kevlar AT tires. I really like this truck. I use hotshot in fuel tank every few thousand miles. Worst mileage 22 on a trip, after hot shot treatment I get 25 mpg on computer. I am not a salesman, it's the only thing I do differently on an otherwise stock truck.

Blair2539

Dec 18, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2105 with 162000 km and have had very few issues till now. Just spent $1300.00 to replace the "tone wheel". Anyone else have this issue? Truck shut down on highway with a crankshaft position sensor code.

Carlos Dominguez

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
15,000 Service engine light, goes on for a tank or two, then off for a tank. Other then that 675-750 per tank city/hwy combined.

It is a real fine truck Sold my 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat at 12 mpg. Such a delightful rig.. At Publix where I live once a month they sell as gas card for $50 worth of fuel for $40. My price point is $2.40 a gallon at shell. Fuel in Florida is $2.99 diesel and $2.67 Reg unleaded.

I also updated my Bighorn grill to a Laramie, sold the Bighorn grill for even money to pay for the other grill on Ebay. Bought factory OEM flares, same color as mine from dealer for $450.. go figure. They had a blemish, so they said. oh, I also had the dealer put leather in for $1200.
Coming back from Ca to Nv had to stop on Baker for a little more to get home, 4.29 per gallon. Rip off holiday travelers.

Carlos Dominguez

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Had mine for seven months 15k miles ..live in Maine no trouble starting it in below zero ..knock on wood. Love this shit out of this truck!
I'm just turning 15k on my BigHorn crewcab and I agree with Travis, "love the shit out of this truck". Handles beautifully, rides like a luxury car smooth as can be and has a ton of power and can average 28 to 31mpg on the road and 25mpg in town. My dogs love it too.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm just turning 15k on my BigHorn crewcab and I agree with Travis, "love the shit out of this truck". Handles beautifully, rides like a luxury car smooth as can be and has a ton of power and can average 28 to 31mpg on the road and 25mpg in town. My dogs love it too.

Welcome Carlos!

Windell LaRue

Jun 30, 2017
Truck Year
46,000 mi. no issues,tow a 3 horse steel trailer 5k.plus three big Qtr horses over 1,000 each.Average over all 17mpg towing,24 mixed once got 32mpg. on trip,all expressway.70 mph. its a 2015 I have never received a recall notice or tsb for computer flash? I changed fuel filter at 30K. Air filter 15K oil filter at 10K intervals. 3:55 rear.would have preferred 3:92

Ecobummer

Feb 13, 2016
2015 1500 ED tradesman model. Rolled it off the lot with 26miles on it. I have done all required maintenance. @ 20,000miles bad oil cooler replaced. (warranty) @27,000 oil found in radiator fluid ??? total mystery to dealership they flush radiator(warranty) @25,00 thru 45,000 I am getting EGR codes dealer ???? so I do some research and learn about the EGR cooler and sure enough there is visible corrosion and smell of radiator fluid. Most folks just say drive it and watch fluid.??? Its not leaking so that's what I do. @92,000 miles I notice temp slightly running hotter in the 220's and the next day I notice radiator fluid on driveway (coffee can lid size) so I take in to get looked at. I tell them its certainly the EGR or O ring and after to days of them chasing a ghost I go into dealership and show mechanic where the EGR cooler is and the corrosion around it. (this is a certified diesel mechanic?) Not cover by powertrain or extended warranties I purchased. Its determined that it might be EGR or Oring but I have to purchase parts before hand hmmmm.? That's where I am at. (93,000) miles topped off radiator and driving it until I can figure out next step. (delete EGR and all the Emissions crap) Suggestions?

hilltop

Mar 24, 2016
Truck Year
I how have 37750.0 on my ecodiesel, have changed oil and filter every 7000 mi changed fuel filter at 20000 will change again shortly.
Truck has been great no problem yet. Only other expense was replacing the factory installed tires with 10 ply tires, dirt and gravel roads play hell on tires. They really were some bad bologna's, but I've done that on all my RAMS.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Miles or kilometers?

Lady

Jan 4, 2018
Truck Year
60k miles and just had the 203E code pop up yesterday. Hoping this won't be a huge headache because I adore this truck.

Michael Stief

May 29, 2017
Truck Year
Mine has a little over 47000. Turbo replaced at about 15000. Has been in 5 times to have the boost sensor cleaned. Other than that no problems. Does anyone have any information on how to keep this sensor from getting dirty? When it does it goes into limp mode which is very frustrating 2015 Longhorn

IrritatedRamOwner

Jan 9, 2018
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
I have 32,000 miles on my ecodiesel. I love the comfort, despise the problems. We purchased our 2016 ecodiesel with 6,000 miles on it. At 13,000 miles it was in the shop for an oil leak. 20,000, complete engine failure, 32,000 miles and the cold weather put her in the shop for a week. I have a job that requires me to travel quite a bit. My job is what sold us on this truck. I live in a cold State. Specifically asked the salesman about performance of this truck in cold weather. We purchased for the 4x4 capabilities due to snow, the gas mileage due to my job and the comfort due to the amount of my day spent in my vehicle. I’m left with missing work, fighting for rentals, no reimbursement for tows. I’m left with a huge truck payment and if I’m lucky after arguing and complaining maybe being given a Nissan Versa as a rental. I could have purchased 3 Versa’s for what our truck cost. I would have had two back up cars in case one didn’t like the cold weather. What kind of company sells a truck in New England that can’t handle weather below 30 degrees. I feel I was misled. Extremely disappointed.

Chris Franks

Jan 12, 2018
Truck Year
I have 32,000 miles on my ecodiesel. I love the comfort, despise the problems. We purchased our 2016 ecodiesel with 6,000 miles on it. At 13,000 miles it was in the shop for an oil leak. 20,000, complete engine failure, 32,000 miles and the cold weather put her in the shop for a week. I have a job that requires me to travel quite a bit. My job is what sold us on this truck. I live in a cold State. Specifically asked the salesman about performance of this truck in cold weather. We purchased for the 4x4 capabilities due to snow, the gas mileage due to my job and the comfort due to the amount of my day spent in my vehicle. I’m left with missing work, fighting for rentals, no reimbursement for tows. I’m left with a huge truck payment and if I’m lucky after arguing and complaining maybe being given a Nissan Versa as a rental. I could have purchased 3 Versa’s for what our truck cost. I would have had two back up cars in case one didn’t like the cold weather. What kind of company sells a truck in New England that can’t handle weather below 30 degrees. I feel I was misled. Extremely disappointed.

I have 1130 miles on my truck that was purchased 3 weeks ago. I live in MN so its cold a good portion of the year. My truck has been in the shop for going on 2 1/2 weeks out of the 3 I have owned it. I was told that when it gets really cold (like it does in MN) the condensation in the engine builds up and freezes causing the computer to go crazy. Chrysler currently doesn't know how to fix my truck or clear the EGR and throttle control codes that came up. They have also stated there have been a good amount of these trucks coming in on a daily basis right now for the same issues and that the only way to prevent this is to have a cold weather package. I had no idea when I bought my Laramie that I would need a $150 leather bra to make my truck run like it is suppose to. Has anyone else dealt with this?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have 1130 miles on my truck that was purchased 3 weeks ago. I live in MN so its cold a good portion of the year. My truck has been in the shop for going on 2 1/2 weeks out of the 3 I have owned it. I was told that when it gets really cold (like it does in MN) the condensation in the engine builds up and freezes causing the computer to go crazy. Chrysler currently doesn't know how to fix my truck or clear the EGR and throttle control codes that came up. They have also stated there have been a good amount of these trucks coming in on a daily basis right now for the same issues and that the only way to prevent this is to have a cold weather package. I had no idea when I bought my Laramie that I would need a $150 leather bra to make my truck run like it is suppose to. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Hey Chris, a lot reports on here about this issue. No fix yet.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Um there were icing issues on early models I think on the intercooler or something though.. it's a diesel, you use a winter front for it when it's cold, that's for everything, check out any semi going down the road, they run as hot as a gasoline engine. I'm in roseau mn, by Lake of the woods and I've never had a engine issue related to cold weather since 05/2015. Use the block heater when you can, cover the grill in the winter. That's life

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
No need to buy the 150$ mopar one or the 150$ block heater Cable, the Cable is available online for ~15 and you can get winter fronts cheaper without the dodge emblem