• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Plenum MAP sensor needs to be cleaned... I foam My intake plenum every 15K Miles... MY ED has NEVER tripped a CEL in 41K miles.

Attachments

• ED map sen.jpg
    ED map sen.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 41
  • ED map 4.jpg
    ED map 4.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ED map2.jpg
    ED map2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 41

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I will be doing Plenum foaming, and Stationary De-soot, and Change oil in the take Few week's. I cannot stress enough to remove the sound insulation and CP4 Cover, to access the MAP. this is My engine with 41K miles nice and clean, Engine Hygiene is critical on any Modern Blue-Tech Diesel... The Mileage is awesome..

Attachments

• Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Ecodiesel 3 0 - Copy.jpg
    Ecodiesel 3 0 - Copy.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 52

Daleg218

Mar 17, 2017
Truck Year
41000 Km and no major problems just a minor of the DEF freeezing here in Canada but guess thats a normal for all DEF units... Just had to have the computer reprogramed to accept the fact its froze....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
41000 Km and no major problems just a minor of the DEF freeezing here in Canada but guess thats a normal for all DEF units... Just had to have the computer reprogramed to accept the fact its froze....

Welcome @Daleg218

sretarheel

Apr 20, 2018
Truck Year
I took the truck to a different service center 30 miles away. They diagnosed and fixed it in one day. The MAP sensor connector wasn't locked and was lose. This was replaced in September when all the issues started. Drove the truck home 30 miles and no CEL. Crossing my fingers and hoping this is it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its seems that 2017 is plagued with the same QC issues 2014-16 reports are starting to be available VIA Phone, Visual, and postings. of 2017 Pukers... This is absolutely NUTS.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Please share, where did you get all this information on 2017 QC issues, I and others might want to see it, also what exactly are these QC issues? your talking about

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
First, I don't Share the sources that I consider to be private / privileged.. if you search the Web Some 2017 owners have posted the failures. I will like to add, Find 1 comment on the 3.0 that Was not correct By TC dating 2+ years before the facts confirmed what I stated.

1 Lube MS11106 was NOT the Best lube for 3.0 18+ Months before FCA Agree with Me, right to Spec and Maker.

2 Conditional Device's programmed, 20 Months before The EPA agreed with TC.

3 QC Problems at Cento 24 Months before Memo form FCA of issues

4 Rotating mass failures majority of QC 24+ months before FCA disclosed the Numbers

I have Publicly Stated many times the 3.0 is Hero / Zero Status for 3 + years , Get a properly spec build they will last and you will love the 3.0 ,purchase a Zero and You will Hate the 3.0.

Why Would I subject Myself to scrutiny over lies, NONE reasonable facts? I wanted the 3.0 ECO to over take the Market, Now I'm PO at FCA corp handling Matters that have put the ED in the quagmire.

https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/...pa-3-0-fca-emails-granted-public-access.1709/

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
First, I don't Share the sources that I consider to be private / privileged.. if you search the Web Some 2017 owners have posted the failures. I will like to add, Find 1 comment on the 3.0 that Was not correct By TC dating 2+ years before the facts confirmed what I stated.

1 Lube MS11106 was NOT the Best lube for 3.0 18+ Months before FCA Agree with Me, right to Spec and Maker.

2 Conditional Device's programmed, 20 Months before The EPA agreed with TC.

3 QC Problems at Cento 24 Months before Memo form FCA of issues

4 Rotating mass failures majority of QC 24+ months before FCA disclosed the Numbers

I have Publicly Stated many times the 3.0 is Hero / Zero Status for 3 + years , Get a properly spec build they will last and you will love the 3.0 ,purchase a Zero and You will Hate the 3.0.

Why Would I subject Myself to scrutiny over lies, NONE reasonable facts? I wanted the 3.0 ECO to over take the Market, Now I'm PO at FCA corp handling Matters that have put the ED in the quagmire.

https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/...pa-3-0-fca-emails-granted-public-access.1709/
I did check on 2017 engine QC found nothing, if the information you have is private then that what it is, So why did you even bring this up if your not going to share?, just curious

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I did check on 2017 engine QC found nothing, if the information you have is private then that what it is, So why did you even bring this up if your not going to share?, just curious

My 2017 Ecodiesel blew up monday at 10k miles 6 months in
Driving home from Houston no warning light nothing, just boom. Sounds like it definitely slung a rod, waited three hours for a tow to a local dealership. They had nothing for me to drive and Chrysler wouldn’t even rent me a car to drive home. I had rent my own vehicle to drive home 300 miles away. Went to my purchase dealer this morning and they said did not do courtesy vehicles or get me a rental until a determination was made if it was a warranty (blown engine at 10k miles) I had to have a friend who’s a heavyweight in the local car business call and they changed their tune and gave me a brand new hemi to drive. Now my truck is stuck at a podunk dealership 300 miles away with a blown engine and they say I will have to haul it myself or pay cost of transportation to get it to purchase dealer.

Not happy.....

Why Bring it up...So the next Person that considering the ED , that's under the Impression that the QC problems that Cento Had for 3+ years is still occurring.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
That was 1 case, I am sure there are more, and Ford 6.7, a great engine have some that fail, as do Mercedes, gas powered Corvette's and every other engine out there, point being it is not happening to that many, what was he towing, how was he driving it?, stuff happens, and this cleaning the intake of soot every 15000 miles that one has me really thinking, go on cars,com and look at high mile Ecodiesels, ther dozens with 100k, 125k, 0ver 150k, do you think all of those had the intakes cleaned ever year or two?, I doubt it, there is just to much BS is this Ecodiesel Forum for me

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That was 1 case, I am sure there are more, and Ford 6.7, a great engine have some that fail, as do Mercedes, gas powered Corvette's and every other engine out there, point being it is not happening to that many, what was he towing, how was he driving it?, stuff happens, and this cleaning the intake of soot every 15000 miles that one has me really thinking, go on cars,com and look at high mile Ecodiesels, ther dozens with 100k, 125k, 0ver 150k, do you think all of those had the intakes cleaned ever year or two?, I doubt it, there is just to much BS is this Ecodiesel Forum for me
I am totally with you @Ronald Doupe

BTW 71k never touched my engine other than oil fuel and air filters. Got a flash at just shy of 3 years for a Def tank sensor. I realize I'm not the heaviest user but I've done my fair share of miles

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Many are running tunes or deleted, Also leaked Facts show that 4 Months in 2016 200-240 3.0 Rotating mass failures Per month. EDs sold per month 2400-2800 Max, industry standard 1 Per 1000 Rotating mass failure. Do the math.

Out of 104.000 Dozens don't even move the needle.

Its this simple, show me a 200K 3.0 OEM W/O major repair costs, I'm sure they exist but for every 1 I will provide the FCA leaked #s Monthly to Me. in major repair costs and failures.

Just to crunch the #s their are 10,000s Duramax and Cummins 6.7/5.9 With 500K miles with just fuel and minor repairs.

It depend on perspective, if 150K miles is your max goal buy gas, Millions of gas engines are 150K miles with ease.

eljefe

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
The Plenum MAP sensor needs to be cleaned... I foam My intake plenum every 15K Miles... MY ED has NEVER tripped a CEL in 41K miles.

How do you foam your intake plenum? What do you use? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its a real PITR, when its soots up good. My last cleaning was Saturday, Its was unusually Bad , I just don't see How that much soot will not be problematic in long term ownership, You just need to tune up... GDE, PPE just spend the money.

You Need WITECH to place the vehicle in Stationary De-soot and You will need to change the oil after De-sooting.

Shawn did this Video,

Shawn took his life 1.5 years after this video.

Attachments

• diffuser tube.jpg
    diffuser tube.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ED Intake 1.jpg
    ED Intake 1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 20
  • ED Intake Plenum.jpg
    ED Intake Plenum.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 21

eljefe

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks TC Diesel. What is the foam treatment you referred to? This is my first ED so I'm trying to learn everything I can for DIY maintenance to make it last for quite a while. Right now GDE or PPE isn't in the budget.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Nor is blowing engine Warranty on a new vehicle out the door.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Or a 1k$ bootleg witech system

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Is seeing a bunch of soot buildup necessarily good? No. Especially from an ownership standpoint, particularly uncomfortable. But have you ever heard of it causing problems or failure? Or is it just shunned upon for no reason? I've heard nothing of it personally causing a particular failure of one type or another on any particular diesel engine. Mind you, this is just my personal experience and observations, for what it's worth

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks TC Diesel. What is the foam treatment you referred to? This is my first ED so I'm trying to learn everything I can for DIY maintenance to make it last for quite a while. Right now GDE or PPE isn't in the budget.

Call Me on This, 763-228-7121

jdn112011 Is correct... Its the long term Ownership that it will be costly.. Most of the service Throttle control CEL Message are related to this soot.