• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
12500 trouble free w GDE..love this truck.

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
2014 Limited 157,000 km
Only real problem has been the air suspension system that has not been designed for cold weather driving, should never be sold in Canada. Thanks to my dealer not FC, it appears we have fix that is working.

Pollution control system that functions great on the highway but is very much lacking if driven at city speeds or in countries where 80 km is the normal HWY speed!

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
106,000+ right now. Just did a little ride of 1,400 miles NOT towing, pretty rare for me. Ran 75 - 85 mph often and included some off-road dirt trails. I have an extra fuel tank so can run 1,500 miles on a load. 28.8 mpg overall.

If you do not have GDE you have mental problems. It sure keeps the engine clean and running without those sensor/emissions issues. Water in the DEF tank is all you need. Oil is clean at 10K change time and EGR is shut off and running clean. Why anyone would run without it defies logic. That's why I said "mental problems".

hilltop

Mar 24, 2016
Truck Year
2015 Ram Longhorn 4x4. 55000 miles has been across county Mo, Fla, Or, Ca. No problems, great MPG.
Love it Awaiting 2020 Rams

hilltop

Mar 24, 2016
Truck Year
106,000+ right now. Just did a little ride of 1,400 miles NOT towing, pretty rare for me. Ran 75 - 85 mph often and included some off-road dirt trails. I have an extra fuel tank so can run 1,500 miles on a load. 28.8 mpg overall.

If you do not have GDE you have mental problems. It sure keeps the engine clean and running without those sensor/emissions issues. Water in the DEF tank is all you need. Oil is clean at 10K change time and EGR is shut off and running clean. Why anyone would run without it defies logic. That's why I said "mental problems".
That mpg is fantastic, I may have mental problems what is GDE ?

Les Cole

Jul 27, 2018
2018 Laramie just crossed 13K. Couple extraneous codes fixed with couple updated flashes. Love this truck. Just made 600 mile trip averaging 27.9 running at 75.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
15000 miles on 2017 zero issues, my type of driving 24 mpg, no towing at all, best truck I have ever owned so far

Gramasherri

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
We have a 1500 with 42000 miles. Started having weird noise after an oil change at dealership in March. We went on a trip towing our travel trailer 2 weeks later. Noise got worse. No warning lights came on. Took it to a repair shop to see if they knew what the noise was and how serious it was. The guy said not sure but we should be ok to drive home. So we drive home. Noise got worse and worse. Took to dealership, they said it was the engine. We had to leave it because it wasn’t drivable. Long story short, it’s been at dealership 4 weeks 3 days. They are putting in a new engine. Won’t say what happened to our engine. Now I’m unsure if I should keep this truck and trust this new engine. What do you think? And yes our truck is in the settlement.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If it is me, I am happy with the new engine and would have no second thoughts about it. Some of these Italian engines weren't made very well. On the other hand, most of them are ok.

HunPecker

Feb 27, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have 4500 miles on my 2018 Ram ecodiesel and so far I only have one problem. For some reason the panic alarm comes on while the truck is parked and the key fob inside the house laying on the table. It's done this 4 times and has shut itself off automatically at various lengths of time from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Anybody have that problem? I really love the truck. My last truck was a 1999 Ram with a 5.9 Cummins in it and I never had a problem with the engine in 196,000 miles. I could go anywhere and had total confidence in the truck. After reading this site I am really nervous. I hunt a lot and I can just see a regen pop up when I am 20 miles back from the nearest pavement. Luckily, my 1999 Ram is still in the driveway so I have a backup. When I bought the new truck the dealer offered me a 100,000 mile extended warranty for $2,600 and I turned him down because of the zero problems I had with my old truck. I am starting to think that was a mistake. As far as my new ED performance, I towed a 5,000 lb fifth wheel from Washington State to southern Utah 2,200 miles round trip and got 14.7 mpg overall. I was hoping for better but there were some nasty mountain passes in Oregon. Also, I just drove 350 freeway miles without the trailer and again over two mountain passes and got 24.5 mpg. MPG were hand calculated. I was hoping for a little better. I never drive over 70 and hold it to 65 on the steeper hills. How long is the break-in time before you would expect to be getting your best mileage?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
as far as I know there is no break in but I may b wrong . my 2018 is tuned at a little over 2000 miles I am getting 31 mpg on the road and 24 around town running gde off road tune

Jrs6411

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
I have a 2015 3.0l 4x2. It has been a solid truck until a few weeks ago. EGR cooler failed and burned a nice hole in my manifold. Doing a full delete with exhaust and banks intake this weekend if all goes well. Otherwise, truck has been great!

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
2015 Laramie with 63k

Love the quality of materials and overall feel of the interior. The 15 speaker Alpine stereo is also fantastic!

I have the 4 corner air ride and, it is a peach to drive trailering or not.

The new trucks look awesome, but I still think the 2015 has an aggressive and attractive look to it.

I've put more than 30k miles on it, and the way I drive in Western Iowa, I am averaging 23mpg. On road trips of 60 miles or more I can average 24-25. On trips more than 60 miles I can average around 26-28. I typically drive 5 over the speed limit (60 and 70).

Problems:
  • Last year I had to take to the dealer 3 times due to electronic throttle control error
    • Dealer said there was an outstanding software defect that no updates were available for- cleared the code and executed stationary regen
    • On 3rd trip, the dealer replaced all of my fuel injectors at no charge and I haven't had any issues since
  • This spring I pulled the EGR diffuser tube and it was caked and oily. Interior inspection of the intake manifold and it was completely soiled
    • Thanks to feedback and advice on this site, namely from TC and CS, I got the dealer to replace the intake last month