• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to tell if your ECU has been tuned.

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
I just joined recently so I have some questions.
First off I have a new 2019 Ram eco diesel that does not even have one oil change yet and this is my first diesel so all of this is new to me.
So I am not sure what a ECU is or even how to tune it, or what benefit it is to tune it.
But I did but it in gear and it did not move.
Please send information as Knowledge is Power

Thanks
Your saying your truck doesn’t drive? Like it won’t go in gear? Or doesn’t start?

JDE

Jan 5, 2021
Truck Year
That's good information.
How do I get that done.
What kind of company do I look for?

JDE

Jan 5, 2021
Truck Year
No I did the test to see if the tune had been done as I did not know what it was.

Surferjoe

Jan 21, 2021
Truck Year
The ECU is the computer that runs your engine. An ECU tune is when a company rewrites the software that run the engine and optimizes it. Making it work better. On the Eco Diesel engine, tunes can make a big difference in the mileage, engine life, and power.
Shouldnt tune it until warrany expires correct? Tuning voids warranty?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Tunning does not void your warranty. They may not cover a problem caused by the tune and so note your record but they will not void the warranty