• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Howdy!!

upnovr

Nov 2, 2016
Truck Year
Hi all. Just bought my first ED. 15 laramie with air suspension and ram boxes. Loving it so far. Compared to my 3/4 & 1 ton 6.7's I've owned,this thing rides like a Cadillac. 83,000 miles on this bad boy but looks like it just came out of the dealer. So I said what the heck. 3 weeks later and I'm now rolling withe GDE offroad tune and full deletes. Love the added power and also the fuel savings is allready showing. Looking forward to the knowledge I will gain hear. Thanks!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi all. Just bought my first ED. 15 laramie with air suspension and ram boxes. Loving it so far. Compared to my 3/4 & 1 ton 6.7's I've owned,this thing rides like a Cadillac. 83,000 miles on this bad boy but looks like it just came out of the dealer. So I said what the heck. 3 weeks later and I'm now rolling withe GDE offroad tune and full deletes. Love the added power and also the fuel savings is allready showing. Looking forward to the knowledge I will gain hear. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

If you have some before and after thoughts and impressions on your tune feel free to post!

upnovr

Nov 2, 2016
Truck Year
I love the responsiveness of the motor now with the GDE tune. In the short time I've had it installed I can allready tell I have increased fuel economy by a minimum of 2 mpgs. Waiting for oil, air, and fuel filters to come in so I can change them out and hopefully that helps some as well. Before the tune my in city driving was 21mpg avg. Now I'm seeing 23.5 mpg with tune. Before the tune I was taking it easy to see how good it could do in fuel economy. My driving style has changed much since the tune but I have stepped on it a few times for passing and a couple of burnouts as well! Overall I am very happy with the tune and with the complete delete (BTW, my egr diffuser tube had about an 1/8" of soot build up!), looking forward to the fuel savings in the future. Can't wait to get it on the highway again and see how she does.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I love the responsiveness of the motor now with the GDE tune. In the short time I've had it installed I can allready tell I have increased fuel economy by a minimum of 2 mpgs. Waiting for oil, air, and fuel filters to come in so I can change them out and hopefully that helps some as well. Before the tune my in city driving was 21mpg avg. Now I'm seeing 23.5 mpg with tune. Before the tune I was taking it easy to see how good it could do in fuel economy. My driving style has changed much since the tune but I have stepped on it a few times for passing and a couple of burnouts as well! Overall I am very happy with the tune and with the complete delete (BTW, my egr diffuser tube had about an 1/8" of soot build up!), looking forward to the fuel savings in the future. Can't wait to get it on the highway again and see how she does.
Personally, I would have waited the next 15k miles until your warranty runs out. This engine seems to be experiencing a lot of warranty claims. Playing with fire giving up your warranty. They won't cover a tuned engine. Good luck to you.

upnovr

Nov 2, 2016
Truck Year
I hear ya, but my thoughts were this, 2 year old truck, 83000 miles, only warranty work done on it thus far was replacing DPF system. I didn't want to wait 17000 more miles of letting that junk recycle into my motor just for a warranty. I also have two good friends that are diesel mechanic's so I trust them and myself over a dealer anyways. IMO a diesel with those miles in two years was just mainly highway miles as a delivery truck and is broken in properly. Even more evident of highway milage was looking at the Nav "recents", previous owner drove all over Texas and bordering states. Had I have seen lots of interior wear and a dirty/scratched up drive train I might have not bought a truck with such high miles.