• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I am Fermin

Fermin L Brown Jr

Apr 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 ECO-DIESEL. In July 2018 the check engine light came on I took it to Mike Smith in Beaumont Tx they told me the diesel exhaust fluid pump was going out and they would have to replace the fluid tank and all because the pump was inside the tank which I think is a DUMB idea to start with. The service MGR told me the replacement job would cost me $2614.82 as that part was not covered under warranty. Mileage was 56992. I told him I have an extended warranty. He checked with them, They would cover the cost but there would be no warranty on their replacement part But if I would pay $491.09 they would install their brand which is Mopar it would come with a two yr warranty, so I payed them the $491.09 in order to have the extra warranty. I think the part should have been covered under regular warranty because the engine won't run with out it. Thank you for anything you can do, Have a BLESSD DAY Fermin Brown Jr

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
I'm right down the road from you in Bridge City, TX. I'm also a part of Houston Diesels (a local diesel enthusiast club). One of our sponsor shops is PSP diesel. You could have went to Houston and had them do a full delete for half the cost you were quoted by the dealer. Just something to think about if something like this comes up again.

Last edited:

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Also perhaps posting your address and phone number isn't the best Idea.

John

Nov 13, 2015
The pump is not inside the tank, it's accessible from the bottom side. The level sensor is inside and would require tank replacement if it failed.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The pump is not inside the tank, it's accessible from the bottom side. The level sensor is inside and would require tank replacement if it failed.
[/QUOT
I'm right down the road from you in Bridge City, TX. I'm also a part of Houston Diesels (a local diesel enthusiast club). One of our sponsor shops is PSP diesel. You could have went to Houston and had them do a full delete for half the cost you were quoted by the dealer. Just something to think about if something like this comes up again.
maybe you can get with him and look at that repair ticket. Sounds like he got scammed.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Would be happy to although it probably is not covered by the EPA warranty considering it was just the pump and not the whole system. Same way I had to pay for a $600 DPF sensor that went out a few weeks ago.