• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

i have a 2016 eco diesel with 33000 miles. engine running warm

BowhuntBill

Dec 10, 2017
Truck Year
while driving my 2016 eco diesel in town and on county road to home, the temperature is getting up to 230-245 degrees, and cooling fan is kicking on and screaming loudly ...running to keep engine cool. the ambient temperature has been from 35 to 60 degrees. I am not towing anything or putting any kind of load on the pickup. any help would be appreciated.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
while driving my 2016 eco diesel in town and on county road to home, the temperature is getting up to 230-245 degrees, and cooling fan is kicking on and screaming loudly ...running to keep engine cool. the ambient temperature has been from 35 to 60 degrees. I am not towing anything or putting any kind of load on the pickup. any help would be appreciated.

Welcome! Good observation by @Brokedownbutgood

Let us know what you find out.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Be careful with your coolant level. With the widespread slow coolant leaks that are prevalent in the EDs. Coolant related problems ie low coolant & high temps will lead to the demise of more ED engines than any other thing. My prediction. Time will tell. Currently it's bearing failure but by the time the last of the first four years of production are retired I think it will be from this.

The radiator and system can be very low while the degas or overflow tank still has a few inches in the bottom. If you have a slow leak until or that you can't resolve be vigilant in keeping distilled water & coolant around to make sure that the system does not get low.

Low coolant / high temps will lead to killing an expensive & high labor water pump, your radiator, (now available at Sasquatch for less than half of dealer prices) and eventually your head gaskets which become a non cost effective repair on an older 200k plus mile motor.

Want to see see 350 or 500k out of this motor? Take care of your cooling system. Merry Christmas all.

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Be careful with your coolant level. With the widespread slow coolant leaks that are prevalent in the EDs. Coolant related problems ie low coolant & high temps will lead to the demise of more ED engines than any other thing. My prediction. Time will tell. Currently it's bearing failure but by the time the last of the first four years of production are retired I think it will be from this.

The radiator and system can be very low while the degas or overflow tank still has a few inches in the bottom. If you have a slow leak until or that you can't resolve be vigilant in keeping distilled water & coolant around to make sure that the system does not get low.

Low coolant / high temps will lead to killing an expensive & high labor water pump, your radiator, (now available at Sasquatch for less than half of dealer prices) and eventually your head gaskets which become a non cost effective repair on an older 200k plus mile motor.

Want to see see 350 or 500k out of this motor? Take care of your cooling system. Merry Christmas all.
How would you check for this?