• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I have returned!

Motoxfun

Aug 11, 2017
Truck Year
Back after the second service of my new truck, I now have a 2018 1500 hydro blue edition I picked up while throwing my 2014 factory ordered truck away, I refused to spend another $7500 for the exhaust system at 95K+ miles, making it every 30 to 35K miles it has not performed a successful regen, I was looking for a delete offering, but it seems no one would offer such a thing on the truck, and the removal and cutting the components open to clean them out like we used to do with the catilitc converters in the 70s. I manage a fleet of just under 100 trucks, we are in the process of tossing the diesels, at a bout 50% now due to the expense of keeping the trucks exhaust going. I am getting just shy of 10 mpg less with my hemi than I did with my diesel on the highway empty, and exactly 10 less while pulling a tandem axle enclosed 18' trailer at 3500lbs. When and if the exhaust systems are to teh point where they can be used for more than 30 to 60K miles I will return to the diesel, as long as they can keep the number 1 or at least 2 of the first letter of the VIN, manufactured in USA or Canada. I have never liked Chevy, and after the troubles with my thought to be last Ford not too keen on them either!

anyone have a lead on delete kits and monitor/programmers to get rid of what is killing the diesel engine service life?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Back after the second service of my new truck, I now have a 2018 1500 hydro blue edition I picked up while throwing my 2014 factory ordered truck away, I refused to spend another $7500 for the exhaust system at 95K+ miles, making it every 30 to 35K miles it has not performed a successful regen, I was looking for a delete offering, but it seems no one would offer such a thing on the truck, and the removal and cutting the components open to clean them out like we used to do with the catilitc converters in the 70s. I manage a fleet of just under 100 trucks, we are in the process of tossing the diesels, at a bout 50% now due to the expense of keeping the trucks exhaust going. I am getting just shy of 10 mpg less with my hemi than I did with my diesel on the highway empty, and exactly 10 less while pulling a tandem axle enclosed 18' trailer at 3500lbs. When and if the exhaust systems are to teh point where they can be used for more than 30 to 60K miles I will return to the diesel, as long as they can keep the number 1 or at least 2 of the first letter of the VIN, manufactured in USA or Canada. I have never liked Chevy, and after the troubles with my thought to be last Ford not too keen on them either!

anyone have a lead on delete kits and monitor/programmers to get rid of what is killing the diesel engine service life?

Welcome! So, the DPF has been around on the light duty diesels since 07 (ish).. they do have their problems...but not to the extent where you have to replace the system that soon each time. You can "Delete" those, but I would suggest reading around as we have a ton of information here and on other forums. A simple tune and exhaust will take care of most emissions problems.. especially if the truck is super high miles. It's often cheaper for the DPF to "fall off" rather than replace it. :sneaky:

Motoxfun

Aug 11, 2017
Truck Year
I made a pipe to replace the head to muffler pipes, cleared the codes and got new codes, if memory something to the effect incorrect pressureseems like it sensed wrong do or pressure to begin with. So clearing out the components would have been an inspection sticker issue as well.