• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I just joined and wanted to say hello

JDE

Jan 5, 2021
Truck Year
Also I wanted to share this is my first Diesel, so I recently bought a new holdover 2019 Ram Eco diesel Laramie and love it.
But I did not like that it did not have day light running lights so I went to the local dealer (I bought it at Dave Smith motors in Idaho and saved a bunch as I live in California) and found out that DLR on the 2019 Ram even though it is a high end truck is not even installed so it is not a option to have turned on as it is not required in the USA.
So I did some research and found a company called OBDgenie.com that has the tools to fix the computer and turn on the DLR on my RAM for about $200.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! I would look into Alfaobd. It’s not nessasarly something that gets installed, it’s something that can get turned on and off. My truck, 2014, didn’t have the option to enable or disable them. With alfaobd I was able to enable the option for them and determine if I wanted my fog lights, my parking lights, or my headlights to act as running lights! Also it allows for a lot more stuff but needs some different wiring connectors

Dayfis1500

Jan 9, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome! I would look into Alfaobd. It’s not nessasarly something that gets installed, it’s something that can get turned on and off. My truck, 2014, didn’t have the option to enable or disable them. With alfaobd I was able to enable the option for them and determine if I wanted my fog lights, my parking lights, or my headlights to act as running lights! Also it allows for a lot more stuff but needs some different wiring connectors
I was wondering if alfalfaOBD could do that. I hear some dongles work better than others to connect. Which ones work well?