• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IGM - This is short list of things I plan on doing soon

roger stephenson

Aug 14, 2015
Truck Year
Line-X spray on liner in/on bed
Toneau cover-still leaning towards a tri-fold
K & N Air filter-anyone pro/con on these based on experience?

Only "gripe" is I wish there was a way to stuff a couple things behind rear seat in my crew-cab

First 1/2 tank I got 22.3 mpg with 3/4 City 1/4 freeway driving. In CA (LA area) right now, diesel is about $1.00/gal less than reg. unleaded! Hoping that lasts for years to come!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Skip the K&N Air filter. If you're wanting a full intake, I would go with the S&B Intake. K&N doesn't have the best reputation on diesels..Oiled filters being the most common complaint as they will saturate and cause MAF sensor issues.

Welcome to the site!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Sounds like a plan. Line-x is a good brand. Ditto on the K&N. And on the rear storage, the underseat bin not enough?

Domino

Aug 27, 2015
Truck Year
Do something with the fugly RAM on my tailgate (If holes, then I'll at least paint it to match)
BakFlip VP
Bedmat (For on top of the Spray-in liner)
Rambox Dividers
Move my Dashcam from my current SUV

Still considering what to do for winter Tires/Rims. May wait until next season.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I would do the cooper at3's instead of the toyos personally I had them on my gmc they wore better, they were quieter, and they were a little cheaper, my toyo at2's only lasted about 30k and they were shot.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I would do the cooper at3's instead of the toyos personally I had them on my gmc they wore better, they were quieter, and they were a little cheaper, my toyo at2's only lasted about 30k and they were shot.

Good info!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Some people don't like them because they fair poorly in the mud, but I ran 2 sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Chevy and was more then happy with the wear, winter/wet traction, and noise. Just another option...

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I have no experience with the nitto's but they seem like a good tire...not too hard on the wallet either like BFG'S are but I will say the BFG'S are near impossible to beat.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've have BFGs too and they are hard to beat. Only knock on them is when the tread is worn, you might as well be running slicks. Whereas the Nittos seem to still have decent grip all the way to the end. JMO.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Possibly due to softer compound on the nittos...which means better ride quieter ride but loss of wear.