• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm considering buying

bjones987

Apr 22, 2020
Truck Year
Hello All,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking at a 2016 Ram Limited ecodiesel with 3.92 gears, rambox, and air ride suspension .

I feel like I am about to get into something that I am going to regret getting into. But I love the idea of the truck and the mileage that it gets

Can anyone pass down there knowledge of any tuners, upgrade packages they used to make their truck run more efficient?

What lifts do you prefer if any?

I am not looking to delete it because of my county I live in, no way to get around it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Fast fuel system will NOT produce the PSI Needed to operate the CP4. Generally bjones987 if things don't start good they don't end good.

Most of the tunes to correct problems are deletes, GDE Green Diesel engineering has some good NONE delete Tunes, if you live outside the USA contact Keith https://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action

bjones987

Apr 22, 2020
Truck Year
The Fast fuel system will NOT produce the PSI Needed to operate the CP4. Generally bjones987 if things don't start good they don't end good.

Most of the tunes to correct problems are deletes, GDE Green Diesel engineering has some good NONE delete Tunes, if you live outside the USA contact Keith https://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action

Thank You TC. I live in Texas so I don't think I would be seeing Keith. Thank you for your input, I've heard GDE has some good tunes, but they are currently sold out, per their website.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hello All,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking at a 2016 Ram Limited ecodiesel with 3.92 gears, rambox, and air ride suspension .

I feel like I am about to get into something that I am going to regret getting into. But I love the idea of the truck and the mileage that it gets

Can anyone pass down there knowledge of any tuners, upgrade packages they used to make their truck run more efficient?

I am not looking to delete it because of my county I live in, no way to get around it.
If you are not comfortable with a tune that shuts off the EGR you might pause and think about the purchase carefully.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Also air ride tends to be a problem. I think in Texas you should be fine since humidity and freezing wouldn’t be a normal occurance

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hello All,

I love my Eco brother! There’s always going to be an issue, when it comes to Diesel engines. At the end of the day, just drive and have fun!