• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake Manifold Removal

Alex Frith

Sep 16, 2018
Truck Year
Hello all,
Looks like I'll be spending some time on here as I have 2 ecodiesels in need of work. I have a 2015 that I need to remove the intake manifold as it's all coked up and the swirl valves are stuck. Also needs a forced regen. Truck has 136k on it and has been faultless the whole time so i can't complain.
Does anyone know what needs to be removed to get the intake clear. I've got it loose but it looks like the wiring harness needs to be disconnected and pulled clear to be able to lift it out. If anyone has done this i'd appreciate any tips.
Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
It is a 10 -12 hour (in and out) technically challenging job according to those who have done it. It is easier if you pull the cab. This would be a good time to do an EGR and DPF delete. Also there is a rubber hose under the intake manifold that you should change while you are in there. It is the turbo coolant pipe. Terrible design on that pipe. I wish I could tell you how to do that work to pull the manifold but there are not any videos out there.

Alex Frith

Sep 16, 2018
Truck Year
It is a 10 -12 hour (in and out) technically challenging job according to those who have done it. It is easier if you pull the cab. This would be a good time to do an EGR and DPF delete. Also there is a rubber hose under the intake manifold that you should change while you are in there. It is the turbo coolant pipe. Terrible design on that pipe. I wish I could tell you how to do that work to pull the manifold but there are not any videos out there.
Thank you,that sounds about right with the description. The water pump is leaking so I'll be replacing that and the hose behind it. I'm almost there.It looks like pulling the wiring harness from the left side(drivers side) will make it work but the fuel feed lines to the rail will have to come off first. I'll be looking into the EGR and DPF situation as well as my other ecodiesel which has 63k on it is eating about a quart of coolant per week. I'm sure the intake won't look to good on that one either as it has been used for lots of short trips.