• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intro and maybe some saving?

rwa95

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
I came across this forum looking for a deal for the oil change on my ecodiesel. Thanks for the help! Finding TSB-18-078-16 and a follow-up to FCA Canada, and I'm on the way to the dealer this morning for a FREE oil change.
I realize I have to get the flash to get it but, given all I've read on people having to get new motors and things, I'll do what they say.
If anyone is interested, I'll post again later today to confirm they completed the oil change for free. If so, that's a pretty good savings.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I came across this forum looking for a deal for the oil change on my ecodiesel. Thanks for the help! Finding TSB-18-078-16 and a follow-up to FCA Canada, and I'm on the way to the dealer this morning for a FREE oil change.
I realize I have to get the flash to get it but, given all I've read on people having to get new motors and things, I'll do what they say.
If anyone is interested, I'll post again later today to confirm they completed the oil change for free. If so, that's a pretty good savings.

Glad this forum is helping folks out. The sad thing is most dealers do not even know about this TSB!

Glad you found us, still around and let us know how it goes.

Welcome to the forum. :)

rwa95

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
So I'm at the dealer right now. N/C for oil change but they charge for the filter - $40CDN. Still a far cry from the $275 they quoted for the LOF.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So I'm at the dealer right now. N/C for oil change but they charge for the filter - $40CDN. Still a far cry from the $275 they quoted for the LOF.

Yes it is. Also, read up here.. it's not hard to change your own oil. Also, you can buy a nice oil drain valve and to help with oil changes in the future, it's basically no mess.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'm personally against the transmission flash, that is the only thing so far with the tsb that is negatively affecting fuel mileage with the change.

rwa95

Nov 11, 2016
Truck Year
I'm personally against the transmission flash, that is the only thing so far with the tsb that is negatively affecting fuel mileage with the change.
So far so good but I'll keep you posted.