• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intro

Red Dog 58

Jan 6, 2020
Truck Year
Hi, I am logged in as Red Dog 58. RED DOG nickname - is from a l long story about my Popeye the sailor man time in the US Navy Submarine Force (Based off the Red Dog Saloon T shirt I used to wear while slumming). New to the blog. Just purchased a 2015 EcoDiesel and less than 400 miles in I get the Diesel Exhaust Filter 100% full, service required see dealer, a check engine light and a flashing lightning bolt. I have only had diesel experience on submarines and with tractors. No Diesel vehicle experience. Since computers, I do not do much of my own work on my vehicles. Back in the day, I used to do whatever I could. Was rebuilding an engine in Hawaii and then my sub got called out, so had to put everything back. Cold war era. Went through that a couple times before giving up on the idea. I still have that old car and might do the work with one of my grandsons who seems real interested in mechanical work.

Anyway, I am waiting to hear from the dealer on how bad it is (72.6K miles on the truck - not sure if it is covered under warranty).

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group u will see many more check engines lights I wish u luck with your new truck

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! You'll need to take the truck to the dealer so they can do a force regen to bring the soot level back down to an acceptable level so the truck can take back over as it normally would.