• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Joined Club Yesterday, That Was Easy (NOT!)

Dougeco

Nov 7, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Nobody said buying a truck during Covid would be easy.
Back around Veteran's Day I ordered a 2021 Big Horn. Loan from Credit Union is approved, check is cut with a blank for specific amount, not to exceed $50,000. It has an expiration date of January 27. Estimated delivery date (from dealer) is mid January.

When mid-January rolls around Ram tells me that the truck's parts are available but assembly may be delayed. Estimated delivery is now January 28-Feb 28. I call credit union for new check on January 20, as check is going to expire before truck arrives. When check arrives on January 28, it's made out for exactly $50,000, which is wrong. I call the credit union to get them to issue me a check without the specific amount filled in. New check arrives next day via FedEx in a snowstorm.

Much to everyone's surprise the truck also arrives on January 28, with a bunch of other Ram trucks, but without paperwork. None. It's the only one without papers. It's a ghost. No driver paperwork for it, no carrier invoice, no Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. The only reason it gets to the right dealership is because all the trucks are being delivered to my dealer. Salesman Joe calls me and explains what's going on: truck is here, needs to go thru shop, I can come look at it, take it for limited ride (it's in ship mode), but without papers the truck can't leave the lot officially. Wife and I take a ride. No radio, defroster works on high, pretty much nothing electronic works, but the mechanicals all work great.

Monday February 1: Joe calls me and says paperwork is all there, BUT due to sale of dealership over the weekend, all systems were replaced, but none of the new systems are working. Even though they have my paperwork and my loan check they can't deliver my Ram. Same story Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday morning. At 2:00 Thursday my phone rings. Its Joe, systems are back on, they can close the sale by 4:00. It takes all of 15 minutes to sign off on everything. There is no after the sale Finance guy pushing rustproofing, fabric protector, and other BS. So I have a new truck.

OH, I forgot.. The number 1 gets posted to the sales board. The sales staff are pissed at the IT guys. Each of them have lost sales for the first week of February. My salesman is the only one whose made a sale. It's his worst start in 14 years.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Wow, what a process to go through just to get a new truck!! Congratulations finally getting it all figured out.

Enjoy it and post a picture of you get a chance.