• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Jumpy Sling Short Acceleration

mykee50

Jul 1, 2017
Truck Year
Hello everybody, new here first post. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I bought it used 3 months ago with 10K mile. To start let me say this is the best trust I've ever owned (I'm 65). With that said let me ask a question. I've noticed that when puttering around a parking lot or from a dead start my truck tends to sling shot. You barely step on the gas pedal and it wants to jump rather that idle up like a gas engine. Is this a common thing with this engine or should I get it looked at? It's not a huge deal just not like the old F-150.

Thanks for any answers in advance, Mike in Seattle

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I can't say I've noticed it being sudden. But, I had a few modern diesels over the years so I'm probably one that can't say either way.. It's nothing more than any other truck I've had though.

Usually people complain about turbo lag, be happy you have the opposite feeling. :D

mykee50

Jul 1, 2017
Truck Year
You probably just aren't used to the torque of a diesel engine.
I have a 38' Beaver Motorhome with the big diesel but that's a whole different animal.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It took me a while to get used to mine too. When I first bought it I thought it was a little abrupt when accelerating from a stop.
One thing to remember! Diesels have a throttle! not a gas pedal!

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I noticed it on my 2015 right away. You can't jab the throttle from idle or you get brief lag then it comes on in. Was used to driving a "gasser". If you slowly step into it, you will get smooth acceleration. Try to do a quick stop-and-go (like a stop sign) and you will notice it right away. I cracked it abruptly from a stop and go on my test drive pulling out onto a 4 lane highway, when she caught up and the boost came in, it spun the tires!