• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just got a new 17 ecodiesel

TexasLoneStar

Feb 10, 2018
Truck Year
5921BD4B-7C09-4172-8963-B91EEDC41764.jpeg Well i traded in my 16 Silverado 1500 5.3 lt z71. On a brand new 2017 ecodiesel (12/27) build date. Lone star silver package with 4wd and 13miles before i test drove it and bought it, so around a 100 now. I wasn’t planning on buying anything today, but numbers sounded good, i wanted a megacab diesel but after talking with the sellsmen ended up in this. And it was way cheaper.

While i do miss the hid/led lighting of my chevy i love my ram more plus i have a full console as well instead of a bench seat and a comfortable ride. Only thing i cant stand, is reaching for that invisible shifter.

I am hoping that these 17s dont have the engine failure, since i came from the bulletproof 5.3

TexasLoneStar

Feb 10, 2018
Truck Year
Thank you, i am hoping so as well granted my 16 had 25k on it. So far very happy and its super comfortable (taken it down the same roads as my last truck and same speed), and the trans shifts very well and knows what gear it needs. And i cant wait to put it into my work commute, so far its every 2 weeks in the chevy when driven right and no extended idle time. Or weekly if i idle at work due to cold temps.

we put roughly 200miles or so. Today all highway driving and stop and go traffic. Only managed to use half a tank in 330miles and got 22.5mpg (hand cal) which is more then my chevy but i assume the tank is 28-31gal and not 26 since it took that to fill it up from close to E? Prior to leaving the dealership.

Only thing I noticed is it loves to stay in 7th more then 8th.

dingdangit

Dec 14, 2017
Truck Year
Congratulations on your new ED! I've got a 2016 Lone Star and am hitting 28mpg mixed Interstate, country, and city with the GDE tune. I was thinking all the ecodiesels were 26 gal tanks + the DEF tank.

TexasLoneStar

Feb 10, 2018
Truck Year
Congratulations on your new ED! I've got a 2016 Lone Star and am hitting 28mpg mixed Interstate, country, and city with the GDE tune. I was thinking all the ecodiesels were 26 gal tanks + the DEF tank.
Thank ya, so far i am still loving it. Every Time i turn around this truck surprises me. Did a 27* cold start like nothing including the wait to start light didn’t even stay on. Like I thought it would. Man they came a long way since my 96 cummins (only diesel i can compare it to)

Gonna be leaving this one stock maybe an aftermarket intake or remove the baffle tube. And all led lighting from diode dynamics

John Boatright

Feb 11, 2018
Truck Year
View attachment 1604 Well i traded in my 16 Silverado 1500 5.3 lt z71. On a brand new 2017 ecodiesel (12/27) build date. Lone star silver package with 4wd and 13miles before i test drove it and bought it, so around a 100 now. I wasn’t planning on buying anything today, but numbers sounded good, i wanted a megacab diesel but after talking with the sellsmen ended up in this. And it was way cheaper.

While i do miss the hid/led lighting of my chevy i love my ram more plus i have a full console as well instead of a bench seat and a comfortable ride. Only thing i cant stand, is reaching for that invisible shifter.

I am hoping that these 17s dont have the engine failure, since i came from the bulletproof 5.3
I traded my 16 Z71 LT in on a Laramie Ecodiesel too I'm loving it

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year

TexasLoneStar

Feb 10, 2018
Truck Year
28889A0A-AC4F-4D37-8E7E-92E76E699A1B.jpeg
Looks aggressive vs the chevy but this truck needs some Nitto ridge grapplers

TexasLoneStar

Feb 10, 2018
Truck Year
But so far a small update, this truck still amazes me, i notice when I remote start the truck the radio kicks on i guess when i hit unlock? The chevy never did that. And if i recall my buddies 2011 ram 2500 longhorn never did either. Also I noticed i can view the back up cam while driving forwards, i can see the cargo cam if i had it being a great tool. This one probably useful for tailgating?

But downside (minor stuff)
Radio doesn’t turn on without the key,
And i cant control radio or phone through evic.
And i cant fogure out how to fold my mirrors or roll down windows with keyfob

dingdangit

Dec 14, 2017
Truck Year
On your downside list. Ram eliminated the roll down of windows with fobik in 2011 or 2012. Apparently too many people unintentionally rolled down their windows and then it rained. Don't think folding the mirrors with the fobik was ever possible in the Ram..

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
View attachment 1604 Well i traded in my 16 Silverado 1500 5.3 lt z71. On a brand new 2017 ecodiesel (12/27) build date. Lone star silver package with 4wd and 13miles before i test drove it and bought it, so around a 100 now. I wasn’t planning on buying anything today, but numbers sounded good, i wanted a megacab diesel but after talking with the sellsmen ended up in this. And it was way cheaper.

I also got a new 2017 ecodiesel. Mine is a Laramie/silver. It also has the same build date. I got 1,400 miles on it. Sure hope the 17`s are over the hump with engine issues.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
How do you view the backup camera while going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
How do you view the backup camera while going forward?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a "Backup Camera" button just below the center screen. If you push that button while going forward the backup camera view will appear on the screen. It times out in about 5-10 seconds

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Congrats. Some tunes will produce more power help mileage & help your oil to stay clean etc but the aftermarket intake is more about being to be able to use other engine management systems for useing this engine in others applications & with other transmissions be it race, military, or like retrofitting into an older Chevy truck.

Removing the baffling mostly is to increase sound. And the dealer might be able to help with updates etc to get your phone to sinc with EVIC.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
But so far a small update, this truck still amazes me, i notice when I remote start the truck the radio kicks on i guess when i hit unlock? The chevy never did that. And if i recall my buddies 2011 ram 2500 longhorn never did either. Also I noticed i can view the back up cam while driving forwards, i can see the cargo cam if i had it being a great tool. This one probably useful for tailgating?

But downside (minor stuff)
Radio doesn’t turn on without the key,
And i cant control radio or phone through evic.
And i cant fogure out how to fold my mirrors or roll down windows with keyfob
Radio comes on whenever the truck is on, I would like to turn it off. Back up cam has time out selection available through settings on the UConnect screen in center console. No mirror or window controls on keyfob. Between my 95 Chevy and my wife's Jeep I am constantly trying to find the gear shift lever!

missmycummins

Apr 13, 2018
Truck Year

missmycummins

Apr 13, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all
Just bought a new 2017 Laramie ecodiesel this March.
So far not so good. I traded in my 2007 3500 mega cab withe 5.9 Cummins. Biggest mistake.
When I got the 1500 Home I jumped in the payload and noticed light between the floor seams. This was in a truck with a factory sprayed in liner. Told me they never had this problem before and couldn’t figure out what to do. I got in touch with FCA myself and told me to go back to the dealership. Still waiting. Before they said they’d have to strip out the old liner but now Chrysler has a new process to mend/melt the liner good as new. That’s after the dealership gets this miracle tool to squeeze the defective payload together and reweld the seam.
My old truck had a Rhino sprayed in liner. 1/4” thick floors and 1/8” thick walls and rails. This piece of crap from factory came with less than a 1/16” thickness everywhere. 12 years n no problems with old truck.
Almost forgot to mention engine trouble light. It came on twice in the first month. Both times staying on for 4 or more days. I didn’t have any stored messages on truck or on my own obd11 scanner either. Wow is this what I’m to expect from a new truck? Almost afraid to drive it far from any city in case something else happens.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Make Sure you put the ED on OAs form New to 40K miles...MN has 3 day good faith laws.. I would take FCA UP on returning to Dealer. and demand Refund or different Truck..MMCummins did you do any research on the 3.0 before Buying...?