• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just joined this site 2016 Eco with 55k

Stevepelli

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
Just purchased this truck it's a black on black limited it is an awesome truck.
My question is and I live in Pa how can I delete the egr and pass emissions?
Is there a tune or anything that I can do to accomplish this instead of waiting on these guys to figure out how to fix the leak in the cooler ? Its actually kinda crazy that a dealer can actually sell this truck with this problem. Seems odd and not really ethical in my opinion......

Stevepelli

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
I would assume it's the ob2 not visual. I take the truck to a good buddy of mine so maybe I can ask him. Now if they get parts to fix the truck I can hook it all back up and get the recall fixed with no problem i assume?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I would assume it's the ob2 not visual. I take the truck to a good buddy of mine so maybe I can ask him. Now if they get parts to fix the truck I can hook it all back up and get the recall fixed with no problem i assume?

Correct.. if you go back to stock it should be fine... a lot of work though to be honest.

Stevepelli

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
I would imagine its alot of work but I wanna know if there is a tune that just shuts it off for now without removing the system until I can figure out what to do

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I would imagine its alot of work but I wanna know if there is a tune that just shuts it off for now without removing the system until I can figure out what to do
I’d give either HD Diesel Supply or Sofa King Tuned a call and ask. If you buy the SFT stage 1 (Emissions Intact) tune, it’ll shut the EGR off.

Stevepelli

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you for the info I hope that this can be done. It can hopefully buy me some time to figure out what to do... If anyone else has anything to add I would greatly appreciate there input

Stevepelli

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
Can anyone tell me how I can find out which transmission I have in my truck?

I know that sofaking tune doesn't support the ZF8HP75 trans but not sure how to find out if I have that transmission

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
The Sofa King Tuned Trans Tune supports 2014 to 2018 Eco Diesel RAM. You should be good.

Henge

Jan 4, 2020
Truck Year
Just purchased this truck it's a black on black limited it is an awesome truck.
My question is and I live in Pa how can I delete the egr and pass emissions?
Is there a tune or anything that I can do to accomplish this instead of waiting on these guys to figure out how to fix the leak in the cooler ? Its actually kinda crazy that a dealer can actually sell this truck with this problem. Seems odd and not really ethical in my opinion......
The cooler is a recall item now and they are required to fix it.
The only problem is there are no coolers in inventory.