• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Key fob issues

Any one have key not detected issue on their laramie?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

stormcom

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Well, I went to the dealer. Zone rep will be calling today. Can't get a 17 ecodiesel for the foreseeable future. The dealership is talking replacement of the truck, but want to put me in a hemi because they can not get an ecodiesel. I have driven 17k since June and another 4k on loaners. They acted like the cost per mile is less in a hemi (I do not think they are eco fans). I am open to your thoughts as they will have a great impact on my decision.

Does anyone have a firm date on the 17 ecodiesels?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well, I went to the dealer. Zone rep will be calling today. Can't get a 17 ecodiesel for the foreseeable future. The dealership is talking replacement of the truck, but want to put me in a hemi because they can not get an ecodiesel. I have driven 17k since June and another 4k on loaners. They acted like the cost per mile is less in a hemi (I do not think they are eco fans). I am open to your thoughts as they will have a great impact on my decision.

Does anyone have a firm date on the 17 ecodiesels?
Well what is your driving nature and commuting? Is the ecodiesel truly fitting for you or would you be happy in a gasser?

I guess whatever incentives from the dealer could sway me one way or another.

But then again 20k miles a year and expecting the longevity of a diesel plus the MPG return I'd probably hold them to the floor about an ecodiesel.

As far as sales on hold? I haven't heard a word about unavailability other than from you.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
That second reason is a rather fitting thought. There's no way 5w40 hasn't effected our mileage and that means all new EPA numbers. It also means that just like Chevy did they have to make a settlement with every single ecodiesel owner for the dropped figures just as Chevy had to do last year when they had the window sticker typo on I believe it was the traverse.

And yes this means every single ecodiesel owner. Because they backdated the oil spec change over every single model year.
Well according to my purchase dealer the oil spec change is only for the 2016 models. However we can read the disparity in information flow in the FCA dealership network. One note my wife's 2013 Charger has experienced the key FOB deny issue along with additional bugaboos which entailed replacement on Body Control Module and both Key FOB's. Post warranty since we had exceeded mileage.To this day on occasion it will not recognize one or the other FOB, normally cycle a few times with the working FOB and magically it recognizes the both. Aggravating, I want a key back.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The EPA won't certify the 2017 Model, What I find odd is its the same regs as 2014-16.... My 2013 & 14 3500s, FCA and Cummins are in a legal battle on replacement of the entire SCR SYSTEM, Thiers some speculation it only applied to the 2500 But I've been informed its 2500/3500 Guess cost 200 million. It would NOT surprise Me to See all EDs also recalled in the future, just speculation on My part.

stormcom

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Well according to my purchase dealer the oil spec change is only for the 2016 models. However we can read the disparity in information flow in the FCA dealership network. One note my wife's 2013 Charger has experienced the key FOB deny issue along with additional bugaboos which entailed replacement on Body Control Module and both Key FOB's. Post warranty since we had exceeded mileage.To this day on occasion it will not recognize one or the other FOB, normally cycle a few times with the working FOB and magically it recognizes the both. Aggravating, I want a key back.

Already asked. they can not replace fob ignition with a lonestar type switch.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
The EPA won't certify the 2017 Model, What I find odd is its the same regs as 2014-16.... My 2013 & 14 3500s, FCA and Cummins are in a legal battle on replacement of the entire SCR SYSTEM, Thiers some speculation it only applied to the 2500 But I've been informed its 2500/3500 Guess cost 200 million. It would NOT surprise Me to See all EDs also recalled in the future, just speculation on My part.

Ecodiesels recalled for what?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If the 2014-16 are the Same SCR and 2017 is NON-Cert, possibly the 2014-16s would fail also, That's what happen to the 6.7 the EPA is enforcing backwards compatibility, on same regs /cert.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
If the 2014-16 are the Same SCR and 2017 is NON-Cert, possibly the 2014-16s would fail also, That's what happen to the 6.7 the EPA is enforcing backwards compatibility, on same regs /cert.
Thanks. Now what is SCR? lol

MoscowEngnr

Aug 4, 2016
Truck Year
My Key Fob on my 2014 was working erratic. WIfes still works fine. replaced battery and was still erratic. A few weeks ago I left it in center console box. That night alarm and horn were going off much of the night. Finally took it inside and things were fine. Need to get replacement.
(Got 114,xxx miles now and had to change engines few miles ago due to spun rod bearings)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My Key Fob on my 2014 was working erratic. WIfes still works fine. replaced battery and was still erratic. A few weeks ago I left it in center console box. That night alarm and horn were going off much of the night. Finally took it inside and things were fine. Need to get replacement.
(Got 114,xxx miles now and had to change engines few miles ago due to spun rod bearings)
A few times on new engines?!

stormcom

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Finally having meeting with zone rep. at 9:30 central. Will ask him questions that you have asked.

stormcom

Oct 22, 2016
Truck Year
Met with rep. Ram offered trade assist and was still going to cost me over 12k to replace truck. Ram is doing trade assists so the titles do not get branded. He did elude to engine and electrical issues with the 2016s. Would not answer any technical questions but kept saying trade assist. I guess they are having issues and do not want the government issuing recalls or whatever. Told him about survey with keyfob and he said it was not scientific so he did not have to recognize it. This is my 2nd 2016 Eco that has had electrical issues. First one was over 8k to switch and with trade assist on this one is well over 16k difference for the same truck. So this year, it will cost me 25k+ to drive a Ram. The whole meeting was see no evil, hear no evil, and you pay to replace truck.

My personal thoughts are there are real issues with these trucks. I have heard rumors there is another oil recommendation coming out in January.

Ram immediately closed case (that day) and no more help. Asked to do a buyback and Rep said that was off the table. They just want to do trade assist and push it down the road.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
the reps would never admit a problem as that just gives the customer (you) more ammo. I'm really not surprised!!