• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lease is up keep it or pitch it?

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
My lease is up 3/5 and I was leaning towards keepin it.

2015 Big Horn, Crew Cab, Long a Rambox, sensors fore and aft, heated seat and steering wheel, 8A nav not activated, tow mirrors, controller and dimming mirrors

Paid for 45k sitting at 38k miles.

The bearing issues etc are making me wary, I can probably replace with a 2017 Hemi less rambox for and additional 6-7k

Just detailed only issue is a scratched up inside of tailgate

What say you

All thoughts appreciated

Thank you

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Me? Personally, I would trade it in and get a new one. I'd prolly buy though instead of leasing. That's just me though

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Unless you of a history of OAs to establish Trends to know what you have., If not ,its a risk I'm not willing to take.

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
Unless you of a history of OAs to establish Trends to know what you have., If not ,its a risk I'm not willing to take.

I thought a number of people experiencing lower end issues had good OA prior to failure?

What is very interesting is Chrysler capital will not discuss dealer buyout of the lease.

Not that I believe this but multiple dealers claim the truck would sell at auction for thousands less than my lease buyout?

Thank you

Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Don't believe everything You read. And You must have established trends for OAs to be accurate... 10,000s of engines are recond every year on establish OAs Have yet to see any engine the wear did NOT supported the OAs

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
Good to know

Thank you

Red

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
Kind of interesting that two dealers have mentioned FCA will not give them a dealer buy out figure and one was emphatic it must be shipped back to FCA?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
With FCA who knows.....I still think something is brewing in the back ground... With GM and The Blue Oval Now in the ring with 1/2 Diesel, FCA will have to bring something to the Mat.

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
So I decided I will buy it out and look to trade prior to the 5 year mark maybe sooner than later.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Thank you!

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk