• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED headlights won't stay on

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Hi all,
First, Amazon directed me to the wrong LEDs. I called the company and he sent out a pair of H11. It is quite a pain to install something as simple as headlights. I went LED because I heard they were more simple. They stay on for 30-40 minutes and then turn off. Has anyone else had this problem and was able to fix it?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Sounds like an issue with the lights themselves. Were they plug and play? If so do you have a link to them.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hi all,
First, Amazon directed me to the wrong LEDs. I called the company and he sent out a pair of H11. It is quite a pain to install something as simple as headlights. I went LED because I heard they were more simple. They stay on for 30-40 minutes and then turn off. Has anyone else had this problem and was able to fix it?
I don't know for sure but a possible problem could be the factory harness. Do you have a light out error message? The factory harness isn't designed for the power output of LED or HID so powering the bulbs with a separate harness is recommended.

Though the oddity of behavior in your lights may be an issue within the lights themselves not the truck.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Or run a harness system that specifically includes a capacitor. I had an in line capacitor go bad and my seamless HID system began to flicker. A small inline capacitor and using a relay harness is the trick for the trucks.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks I love my truck just want to know everything I can about it I got some good pics of it but can't figure out how to put them on hear

You can upload them to the garage here:
http://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/garage/

Click "New Items" and add your information.

Also, you can add pictures to any post/thread by clicking "upload file" button.

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks all. I forget which company I bought the electronic attachments from. I did not know if I was supposed to add or replace the old one. I attached it to the old one and barely got everything into the light. If I had to do it over again, I would buy those Sylvania bulbs that are brighter, but still don't mess with the computer.