• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED Highbeams (9005/Quad light)

Korsch

Dec 29, 2018
Truck Year
One of my low beams burnt out today so I decided I’d upgrade to LED all around, I went and picked up bulbs for my lows and highs (SYLVANIA LED 9005 and H11), through Canadian tires website I made sure they were going to work. Low beams went in without a problem but the high beams are giving me hassle, they go in and screw in, I’m able to stuff the ballast in or what ever the little box is but I cannot for the life of me screw the dust cap on. Maybe it really takes some finagling but I tried with the same light on both sides and came up with the same issue. It’s like the cap is touching the fan. I’m surprised because I was under the impression that they would “fit” and not just the right bulb. It’s pretty close to closing on the light maybe a 1/4” and it’s be good. I’m not sure about dust cover extensions I really couldn’t find anything on google.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, I just hate to let those bulbs go to waste.
thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 77AF6CEE-BD22-41AB-AB61-14B2EA61332D.jpeg
    77AF6CEE-BD22-41AB-AB61-14B2EA61332D.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 56CF6B7B-FC6E-4112-9A70-30535C909A23.jpeg
    56CF6B7B-FC6E-4112-9A70-30535C909A23.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 3