• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lemon...

Kappy

Dec 30, 2017
Truck Year
Okay... so I had my engine completely seize up and need replacing back in July. The truck had 8250 miles on it. It took them a month and a half to find and swap. They offered me an extra warranty that wasn't all that awesome. When I picked it up, I received a low brake fluid warning the next day. Dealer topped it off and said it was just that they'd forgotten to fill it all the way.

Two weeks ago, at just shy of 16,000 miles I got another low brake fluid warning. I took it in and was told that the hydraulic valve had a leak. They'd have it squared away within three or four days. Then they told me they got the wrong part. Then they had another excuse (a broken lift, so the mechanic couldn't work on it). I finally picked it up after... 11 days.

At this point, they've had the truck for almost two months of the year that I've owned it. I called corporate and complained. They're going to have their legal department call me on Friday and will likely offer to lemon the vehicle for me.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I love my truck... looks good, drives well, comfortable, etc. On the other hand, can I trust this truck again? If I do lemon it, should I get another Ram? If not, what should I expect from Ram as compensation? Should I give up on the ecodiesel?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
With more half ton diesel options out there (GM incoming soon) it's hard not to consider something else given the problems the EcoDiesel has presented since launch. I'd only consider another one again IF I have a full warranty. It's just to expensive to work on and/or fix.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I agree. I don’t know that I could jump back into another Ram if mine gave up on me. I would take a hard look at the lil Dmax, or go back to a gasser. However, it does sound like a lot of your issues can be attributed to a poor service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk