• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

List of problems

Socksandmax2014

Dec 17, 2016
Truck Year
Hi there. 2015 ecodiesel. First 15k miles I loved my truck. Now at 17k I am ready to trade it in!!!!!

First I get an electronic throttle control code. Truck went into limp mode. Had to be towed. "Firmware update" all good.

1k miles later check engine light. Dealer ship said crank shafts sensor. They said pressure checked fine but per Chrysler told to replace sensor. Check engine light back on after 10 miles.

Goose hunting today. Coolant 200 degrees. Oil 200 degrees. Balmy 20 degrees outside. Heat starts to stop working intermittently. So back to the shop. Truck is un driveable without heat working to defrost windows in Pennsylvania.

So now my fear is it will work when they go to check the heat it will work and I understand that if it working how are they supposed to fix it. Any idea what this issue could be?

Also my fuel mileage has dropped significantly. 20-21. Last winter I still got 25. Today's driving was high way. Eastern shore of md. Flat!!!

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
There is a 3way coolant valve under the airbox that commonly goes bad.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum!

Sound like a streak of bad luck as hit you. The electronic throttle control code is random, and I'm not sure I've seen one fix or solution yet for it. Some have the problem, and some do not.

For your other issues, all new to me personally. Let's hope the dealer can get you taken care of.

Socksandmax2014

Dec 17, 2016
Truck Year
Well it's getting worse. I call the dealership today. Just got it into the shop. They found oil in coolant. Not good :(

Socksandmax2014

Dec 17, 2016
Truck Year
Per the voice mail he will have the oil cooler tomorrow but I haven't had a chance to call back to see what else they are doing.

Socksandmax2014

Dec 17, 2016
Truck Year
The shop said they will be replacing the oil cooler and "filter" tomorrow along with the flushes of the coolant and oil and the other part.

They stated this is the reason I was lacking heat. Do all of you amazing mechanically inclined readers agree?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
The shop said they will be replacing the oil cooler and "filter" tomorrow along with the flushes of the coolant and oil and the other part.

They stated this is the reason I was lacking heat. Do all of you amazing mechanically inclined readers agree?
Absolutely not. Most owners experiencing this common issue are recieving new engines and all new components. Anything touched by coolant should be replaced with new.

You don't have to believe me, just search this and the other forum for this common issue.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
If the failed oil cooler is found early then that repair is perfect. But yours was possibly missed long enough to cause issues with your three way valve and that's dangerous. My first step would be to get an oil sample and test it for free water. If there is more than about .5% your bearings could be compromised.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Hope you have a good mechanic at the dealer, use that extended warranty to get it fixed. Not sure if tuning will void the warranty, why take the chance? Under the warranty they have to give you a loaner vehicle to drive while it's getting fixed. My dealer has honored this twice, my truck is still good. I don't get the throttle lag, etc that others are having.