• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Locking Vehicle Upon Exit - Engine Running

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
2015 BigHorn CCSB

For the life of me I cannot figure a way, besides carrying a separate FOB, of locking the truck with the engine running upon exit. I make a lot of quick in/out stops and I'd like to let it idle as I do. But I refuse to leave it unlocked. How can I lock it and get back in? Pushing the lock button doesn't do it. I figured I could carry the backup key but does no good. Is there a mode in vehicle settings that'll allow this?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Guess I'm gonna have to. Thanks.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
So another route to take:
-pull key from FOB
-exit with window down
-reach in and lock
-hit auto window up
-re enter using key

I'm just not fancy on carrying both FOBs. Like to leave one at home safe & sound.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
So another route to take:
-pull key from FOB
-exit with window down
-reach in and lock
-hit auto window up
-re enter using key

I'm just not fancy on carrying both FOBs. Like to leave one at home safe & sound.

Could you just pull the key from the fob. Then with the door open hit the lock? Or does it just unlock instantly?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
That's the thing...with engine running and door open you (at least I in my truck) cannot lock truck by pushing the lock button.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Convenience group/pts solved this... always keep fob in pocket. If vehicle is running it'll lock on your way away from the vehicle automatically. Or push the button on the door handle to lock.

In your case I'd just get one of the quick push button key chain splitters and keep the fob on one part and the key separate. It's not the greatest solution but it beats carrying a separate fob in your pocket just to leave keys in the ignition

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've been doing the pull key, roll window down, exit, shut door, reach in & lock, then hit auto up since I posted. Been working fine.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah whatever works. I just wouldn't be in your shoes. Kid in back. Winter is bad enough here and heating the interior with the diesel can be a bit time consuming