• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at buying a 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Brown9432

Jan 30, 2020
Truck Year
Hello everyone. While reading some posts I have inquired some hesitation on buying my first diesel. I have never owned a Dodge Ram. Have had good luck with Jeeps and recently got rid of my F150. I see a lot of people having small issues that end up costing a lot and that are hard to diagnose. Are a lot of these issues due to people not taking proper care or maybe towing to much? Seems like everyone takes good care. This is a big purchase for me so I was hoping to get everyone's opinion. If you had the choice would you buy a gas engine or stick with the eco diesel engine for your ram? Is the major advantage just fuel economy?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! It'd be a tough choice for me right now personally.. I'd drive both and compare. Since the 14 is likely out of warranty, I would steer away unless it's a smokin deal.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome, I'd say going by your post....dont! You wonder if they fail from over working by towing and its more likely that a lack of actually making it work leads to failure by extended periods of running below operating temps. I bought my 14 before I read all the neg, I haul feed, do some towing and drive it like I stole it, and it's been fine.........