• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a place that does single tune non emission for 2015 ecodiesel

tallcoopscoach

Sep 20, 2019
Truck Year
Voodoo sent me to green diesel and not hearing back from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Due to recent EPA enforcements, tuning is a sensitive topic right now:

That's probably why you're able to get in touch with them.

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
This what I received after contacting GDE support!

Thank you for your correspondence. Our webstore is currently paused while we are working to understand the many changes happening in these past days to the aftermarket industry. Once we have answers to not only our own questions but also able to address your questions we will make a further announcement.

Also I put the engine tune and trans tune in the basket to order and when I went to checkout was told remove them from the shopping cart they were no longer available???

Notary

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I also went to order the GDE Hot Tune and also had the same issue. Calling them resulted in a answering machine. I should have ordered last week when I was hot to order!
If anyone has information on another vendor that has a tune for the ED, please let us know as well.

Terry89d

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
I also went to order the GDE Hot Tune and also had the same issue. Calling them resulted in a answering machine. I should have ordered last week when I was hot to order!
If anyone has information on another vendor that has a tune for the ED, please let us know as well.
Sft, and vivid racing are the two that I've found so far. Not much info on either unfortunately. More on sft than vr.

Notary

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sft, and vivid racing are the two that I've found so far. Not much info on either unfortunately. More on sft than vr.
Do you have a link for SFT? I did a google search, but nothing comes up.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
give gde some time, they are working on something, after their 'surprise inspection from the epa' they've halted all sales, but from what I've heard, they are working on something to comply. Not gonna happen overnight as they also need to test it out before putting it on the market... I wouldn't be surprised if SFT gets nailed too by epa shortly, I heard epa went after PPEI also, has anyone confirmed that?, seems epa (aka nazi's) are going in quick and swift with their witch hunt to shut all the tuners down with a $1 million fine if they don't comply... Now may not be the best time to order a tune, be careful paying for any tunes right now until the dust settler...

Hate to see you lose $$$$ and not receive a tune cause the tuner got shut down after you paid...

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Attachments

• 03b-GDE & SFT Comparison.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 15

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
From what I read, it doesn't look like the SFT turns off (deletes) the ERG? Or did I not understand something?
That would be one main reason for getting the tune?
agreed, but none of the tuners can put that in writing due to the witch hunt...

but when epa comes knocking on their door, it's pretty easy for them to determine that egr is set at 0%.. read the report posted on gde's unannounced inspection that was released this past week, dated Aug 30, 2019, but publically released - Sept 16, 2019. My guess is in the next few weeks, it's going to be harder and harder to find any tuners out there...

i'm sure what you are looking for won't be an option pretty soon from sft either, but then again, jimmy doesn't write the tunes, he only sells them, so unless optical remap in Bulgaria decides to rewrite their tunes for Jimmy to sell in the usa, which I doubt they will since they are not based in the USA and they don't have EPA controlling their every move, I doubt sft will be able to sell these tunes much longer...

On a side note, what really pisses me off about this whole EPA thing is the tunes are what is saving our trucks from #1 catching fire, #2, blowing up, #3 burning more fossil fuel than they would burn if they were tuned, #4, blowing the motor and most importantly, becoming huge pile of shit in a landfill full of burnt down ecodiesel's that are beyond repairable. Why not keep these trucks running as long as possible instead of building 500,000 of them and tossing them in the garbage like a used toy after a few years when they become useless??

So EPA's big mandate to reduce a little bit of pollution is basically putting 500,000 trucks in a landfill because with the stock tune, these trucks are destined to catch fire, or blow a motor much sooner than they could if they were tuned. So how is the environment benefiting? A slight tweak with a tune of a few numbers here and there, may create a tad bit more pollution, BUT, because some government bureaucrat set as the official pollution numbers without looking at the big picture, or without even devising emission control equipment that actually works efficiently INSTEAD of destroying the diesel vehicle?

In the end, a good tune would keep 500,000 trucks running better, and on the road and use far LESS fossil fuels than stock tunes, instead of sitting in a landfill... Doesn't make sense to me, how does this help the environment?... I wish more people with the power to make change would fight back against this bull shit. It's bureaucratic BS at it's finest.

Sorry for my huge rant...

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Notary said:
From what I read, it doesn't look like the SFT turns off (deletes) the ERG? Or did I not understand something?

If you opened my attachment above you would see that EGT is optional.
When you place an order with SFT the order asks if you want it EGT off

Notary

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes I overlooked it in my haste.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Several points.
1. Cummins EGR doesn't dirty the engine as much as FCA.
2. With SCR NOX catalyst actually EGR not necessary.
3. Banks Derringer has a CARB/EPA approval, although it does not turn the EGR off.
4. EPA attempted to make it illegal to convert any road vehicle to race use a couple of years back, had to roll back enforcement due to overwhelming public outcry.
5. I've been expecting this for some time, actually I'm surprised that the EPA hasn't come against the states that don't perform emissions testing. I personally do not believe that the EPA will come after individual owners as it is not cost effective. NHTSA funded motorcycle only check points several years ago to confirm that EPA/DOT compliant exhaust was installed and maintained on individual owned motorcycles. It was easy as the stamp is right in the open. Program halted after lawsuit from multiple motorcycle groups as prejudicial. So the depths of what the Government will go has no limits.

Notary

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have been reviewing the Sofa King Tuned and it looks like a really good offering for my Ram ED. My only concern is loading the program in to the computer. I am not very computer savvy and was wondering if anyone here has this tune and what experiences you can share?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
If you contact SFT they will guide you through any process. They are very helpful and have done the same for others who had difficulty with the computer.