• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Loss of acceleration and fuel mileage and over all pulling power

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I have had the same results that you have. Not happy at all about the recall and how my truck acts. It is nothing like the truck I bought. Zero power on take off. Within a week I had the check engine light, service Electronic Throttle Control, and Diesel Exhaust Filter 100% full. Really frustrated.
Same thing happened to me right after I purchased my 2016 Certified Used, dealer replaced two exhaust sensors (not sure what they were), ran 3 regen cycles to clean it out. So far, so good...I feel fortunate that I don't know what it was like before the recall update the dealer did prior to my purchase. I can say I have little issue with power or pick up after the engine is warmed up. Pulled my 6500 pound RV last weekend with no issues. Walked away with it, far better than my GMC 1500 SLT with a 5.3L.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco diesel. Very disappointing with the recall. Feels like a dog and really wish I had done research and never had the recall done.Trusted what they said. I have lost fuel mileage, pulling power and especially no power when first accelerating. I loved my Ram and planned on buying a new one in 2020. Probably will go back to GM. I bragged on how great a truck it was to everyone but am very dissatisfied.
Brother I feel you! But the code change was/is mandatory. There will be no plates or tags in future without it. Truth is WE NEVER GOT WHAT WE PAID FOR/WERE SOLD.....NEVER. WE HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED! FACT. This can not stand!

John

Nov 13, 2015
Brother I feel you! But the code change was/is mandatory. There will be no plates or tags in future without it. Truth is WE NEVER GOT WHAT WE PAID FOR/WERE SOLD.....NEVER. WE HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED! FACT. This can not stand!
The AEM is only mandatory for CA residents.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
They did code change in tx. and I am having similar problems.... soooooo?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Luckily nothing major (knock on wood). I'm not dealing with the AEM.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
We should not have to knock on wood sir. We should just get a quality built and backed product . That's what we paid for. I come from a time when you could get a new home in a nice neighborhood for under $20,000. There were no recalls on vehicles. So I look in my driveway and see 2 houses worth of truck I don't trust over the road. Again sir you don't feel cheated by FCA? Just because you may have never/or will never have problems does not mean FCA did not defraud you!

John

Nov 13, 2015
We should not have to knock on wood sir. We should just get a quality built and backed product . That's what we paid for. I come from a time when you could get a new home in a nice neighborhood for under $20,000. There were no recalls on vehicles. So I look in my driveway and see 2 houses worth of truck I don't trust over the road. Again sir you don't feel cheated by FCA? Just because you may have never/or will never have problems does not mean FCA did not defraud you!
You are totally correct sir. I'm not sure why I even waste my time. 😎

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
You are totally correct sir. I'm not sure why I even waste my time. 😎
And again you did not answer my question. John you work for FCA or you are on here to just see your words..... at best....at worst....well

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
John has been here awhile. I have had few real problems with my eco as well, drive it like I should, try to take care of it like I should. Hated the AEM performance, my wife's Jeep eco didn't run as bad as my truck, but did run different. Yes I tuned my truck and my wife's Jeep, with FCA money. Now people have said you shouldn't have to spend to get the truck you bought. I agree, until I remember my 95 Z71 Chevy in the driveway, short tube headers, tuned chip, high flow converter, dual exhaust, oiled fabric filter (a lot of haters on those here) and I still have a new engine in the shop with roller cam, modified heads. So if I spend $780 for a tune then maybe I saved some money.

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco diesel. Very disappointing with the recall. Feels like a dog and really wish I had done research and never had the recall done.Trusted what they said. I have lost fuel mileage, pulling power and especially no power when first accelerating. I loved my Ram and planned on buying a new one in 2020. Probably will go back to GM. I bragged on how great a truck it was to everyone but am very dissatisfied.
Yes sir. Ditto on that. Last Chrysler product I will ever buy or own.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Yes sir. Ditto on that. Last Chrysler product I will ever buy or own.
Between you and Daveboy and a few others you might just put Ram out of business. Lol. On a more serious note get yourselves a tune with Rams money and be happy.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
First of all it’s the gooberments fault not FCA. Secondly you got/get more than enough funds to get both GDE engine & transmission tunes since the AEM has degraded both. You’re truck will be considerably & very noticeably better than ever before. Oil stays clean as it turns off pointless EGR & better manages regens and stops check engine lights for non sensical things. IE no more directing you in for dealer friskings. Additionally a measurable bump in power & mileage, turbo brake feature etc. If you tow you might also consider adding GDE’s cooler thermostat while your at it.

Roger636

May 12, 2023
Truck Year
I have had the same results that you have. Not happy at all about the recall and how my truck acts. It is nothing like the truck I bought. Zero power on take off. Within a week I had the check engine light, service Electronic Throttle Control, and Diesel Exhaust Filter 100% full. Really frustrated.
What did you do to fix all those problems because I'm about to set mine on fire!!!